1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Grantland) Ready to Blast Off: Don’t Sleep on Ty Lawson and the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bigred77, Oct 7, 2015.

1. hakeemthagreat

My frustration with the national media is when talking about the Rockets, then base their opinions off false PERCEPTIONS of Dwight & James. Why even mention Dwight's always smiling or constantly joking? The guy has PROVEN he shows up when we need him. Rocket fans love him. James does flop at times, but bad for the game? Thats ridiculous. Harden was elite last year without doing that much flopping.

The mainstream media doesn't give us our props because they don't like our 2 stars. It should be about basketball but instead it's a popularity contest:rolleyes:

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'd like to see the writer explain how exactly Dwight is a blight on the league.

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

snakes, they're dragging the league down quickly

4. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Ha Zach gets it...Rox very well might be the most athletic/deep bench in the NBA...48 minutes of non stop comin at you

5. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

This is exactly my feeling about this article.

It's a piece of crap.

Unlike some of the 15 years old above want to pick about Sharp's backhanded comments, this article give you a feeling that Sharp isn't even trying at all.

This type of article is the one you can find in one of the sponsor link of most web pages nowadays which will probably need you to click through 30 times to finish and with another 20 pop up windows waiting for you.

I am guessing Sharp really wanted to be fired by Grantland so that he can join Simons asap.

Otherwise there is no way he can write some craps like this.

6. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Harden is so much better than cp3 it's stupid I stoped reading after that first comment he made about harden not being on those guys level as if anyone of those guys KD included have ever put up 27/7/6 smh. Harden it seems is never going to get the appreciation he deserves and it's getting really bad. Before last season he wasn't a top 10 player this year after almost winning mvp he's now not as good as brow,cp3 and Steph? If anything those guys arnt as good as him yet outside or Steph what has Those other guys done yet? I guess cp3 having a losing playoff record and brow not yet winning one playoff game yet make them better than a guy who already has two first team all NBA selections and a one more playoffs games and been farther than both.

1 person likes this.
  7. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

James Harden is better then Anthony Davis

8. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

Everything ESPN sucks, and without Simmons, Grantland is going that way as well. The idea that Harden is ruining basketball is a joke.

The video game strike-zone graphic that ESPN used on the baseball game last night was the most distracting POS gimmick I have ever seen in a game. It's like ESPN tries to make their stuff unwatchable/unreadable.

I can't wait for Bill Simmons' new website and HBO show. Hopefully he'll poach the few people with talent from Grantland.

9. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Definitely backhanded. Dissing our two best stars. At least he acknowledges that we are unbelievably deep and athletic.

10. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Agreed: watching a serious MVP candidate play "night in and night out" is just not what you want as a basketball fan :rolleyes:

11. clos4life

clos4life Member

I dislike Sharp, Strauss and El-Hassan, well known Rockets haters with a personal agenda. Bump them, ESPN and Grantland.

At least Lowe tends to criticize from a data driven point of view.

#31 clos4life, Oct 7, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
  12. dream2franchise

I couldn't get through the first half of it.

As far as basketball writing goes, Goldsberry and Lowe are the only thing Grantland going for it.

13. IvanLCPM

IvanLCPM Member

Good read? That's just a TERRIBLE article.

14. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

This article lost me when they said Harden wasn't at the level of Cyrry, Davis or Durant. pathetic

15. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Andrew Sharp is such a god awful writer. Their was absolutely no basketball analysis and genuine reporting here. This wasn't much different than the typical Bleacher Report article submitted by Joe Nobody in his underwater. I feel like he has done one of these backhanded compliment sneak diss articles about Harden and the Rockets each of the last 3 seasons.

16. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

See me of that stuff was f'n stupid. Mostly at the beginning.

But that article wasn't written for Rockets fans.

Towards the end though it was very complimentary of what the Rockets could do this season.

17. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I swear it's like one of Grantland's goals to perpetuate the image of the Rockets as villains. They seem incapable of complimenting the Rockets once without somehow trashing on them in the same paragraph.

Case in point, here are the titles of some recent articles by them centered on the Rockets.

1. "The Inadequate Villain: James Harden is ruining the Playoffs"

2. "Embrace the Dark Side: How the Rockets Became the New Bad Boys"

3. "The Irritation Game: How James and the Rockets Undid Lebron the Cavs"

That last article had the freaking subtitle "James Harden: Title Contender, Acts Like a ****boi, Thinks He’s a Swag Champ". Listed under, a bunch of cheap shots toward Harden.

18. Handles

Handles Member

This. These 3 have so much bias that they just can't help but let it seep into their writing, discussion, or meaningless tweets. They are consistently unable to take a step back and see the entire landscape of the NBA for what it is. They have no fresh perspectives whatsoever.

This article is garbage. Nothing new, obvious bias seeping through, and it reads as extremely forced. Did someone have a gun to sharp's head while he wrote this?

19. bmd

bmd Member

Yep.

Dwight's personality has nothing to do with his production on the court. His production is his production no matter what his demeanor is.

Same with James. Even if you think he does flop, the only thing that matters is whether or not it works. If it does, and it helps his team win basketball games, then what you personally think about the tactic is irrelevant.

They never stick to just basketball when discussing the Rockets because the fact is that they are one of the top basketball teams in the league. They have to look to outside factors to discredit them.