1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Grantland] Mark Cuban on Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by airbulllard, Apr 17, 2015.

1. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Jerry sloan's offense was predictable as hell but no one could the pnr.

2. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

The only thing puban said was not true is the last sentence. We are predictable. We are very talented. We are good.

Whats funny is that the whole league knows what we're going to do every game and they still couldnt stop it 56 times this year, including 3 to his sorry patched together team.

3. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Let's face it, who really coaches this team? James Harden... read and react offenses are one dimensional in a sense that it is always reacting to what the defense gives you. What the rockets are gonna count on are our strength in causing turnovers and transition buckets... we are second in the league only to GSW. If we expend more energy on the defensive end and score easily immediately, we don't have to expend that much energy on the offensive side (as a team) At least that's what i've been seeing lately.

4. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Weren’t the Bulls predictable w/ Jordan? The Lakers w/ Kobe? The Heat w/ Lebron?

The Rockets have the best player in the league on their team. Predictability sounds good to me. #StirItUP

5. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Right. Which is why you decided to pay one of our not very good players $45 million.

6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

let me explain thangs in terms marky chabansky may more easily understand. for more than two decades MSFT had one product (windows operating system) responsible for predictably kicking every competitor's ass in the marketplace. if you're the rockets, it's good to have a bearded monopoly these days..

7. rocketmc

rocketmc Member

We don't have anyone to defend Dirk now; DMO was doing a good job but he's out now.

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Eh, it's the same argument we've used (look at Harden dragging a rotation including Jason Terry and Joey Dorsey to wins! these guys suck) for the last few months.

9. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

We're going to need jones to defend another premiere PF well if we're going to win the series. Hope he's up to the challenge

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I don't think the triangle teams were predictable.

I think Smith and Harden can guard him as well as anybody on the team.

11. frontline94

frontline94 Member

hopefully this is also a dorsey joke, because i can appreciate the solid reference there

12. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Dirk isn't that hard to guard on the perimeter these days, just get up on him and don't let him get any separation. He'll get a few calls, but you just have to body him up and don't let him get easy midrange looks.

13. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Yes, but it's OK if we say it, not if others do. It's like you can rag on your brother all you want, but if someone else does, that person had better be ready to get a king-size Alpo can of ****ing whoop-ass emptied on his G.D.M.F. head.

:eek:

(too intense?? playoffs bring out the .... best in us)

14. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Lololololz.... Cuban is such a cute little baby.

15. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

i dont get it. anyone who actually wathces the rockets can tell they put emphasis on defense this season. you're obviously not gonna be a great defensive team for a whole season if your anchor is out half the games. why dont non-rox fans get this? its ****in frustating how stupid this is. we're gonna shut those mugs down and they're gonna be surprised?

our gameplan also changed with dwight missing half the season and not even playing 10 games at 100%. so we had to be really predicatble on offense, cant do much else. cant wait till next season so everyone realizes how good this team is

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Best thing about guarding dirk is you can go small. We have TJ, Brewer, Smith, Ariza, even Harden that can potentially check Dirk.

17. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

If I were McHale, I would have Terence Jones study the following:

1. Tracy McGrady, 2005
    2. Udonis Haslem, 2006
    3. Stephen Jackson, 2007

They didn't shut him down completely, but they slowed him, and that's the best you can do with a player like him. DreamShook is absolutely right- 2 of those 3 were basically small forwards or shooting guards- and Haslem, I would say played more like a small forward.

18. Dmo for 3mo

Dmo for 3mo Member

A lot of people are getting caught up in the word predictable. So what if we are predictable. James is going to have the ball and its going to come down to his man either not fouling or getting beat off the dribble. Good luck to any of the mavs defenders on that. If James makes his shots it wont matter. As many people have already mentioned many teams and players are predictable, but it gets to a point where you still cant stop them. Jordan would straight tell defenders what he was going to do to them and it didn't matter. The only way we lose this series is an AWFUL Harden shows up or the hack a whoever strategy really works for the mavs. Another point the Mavs suck at defense. They don't have the personnel to facilitate half the genius gameplans Carlisle could draw up.

19. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

This

Well put

20. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

This is true. I like the, the best defense is a good offense approach.

Make Dirk expend energy guarding TJones, and hopefully some of Dwight.
    Whoever he is guarding, run him in pick and rolls often. That's the way to hamper Dirk's game, imo.