1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Grantland] Mark Cuban on Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by airbulllard, Apr 17, 2015.

1. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

It's just talking. I hope McHale and team do their homework and send Cuban talking even more like the gif below.

[​IMG]

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

3. TexasRedd

TexasRedd Member

Tired of all the talk. Just ready to see how we'll perform.

4. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

Awesome. For once it's the Rockets who are being given bulletin board material.

5. brooksstephens

Nah, he's giving back-handed compliments, mostly aimed at Morey. The implication is that Morey is just lucky that he has that one really good player, because the team that he built around him is garbage.

He's giving his own team a little too much credit, as well. The Mavs front 5 has more scoring options than the Rox, but the Rockets have both the best player in the series AND a better bench than the Mavs.

6. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

Just win, that will shut him up.

7. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

Dont even bother with that guy, he is an undercover Dallas fan.

8. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

Are you sure you have a hard on for Harden? I feel like its more of a semi.

9. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Love the not-so-subtle swipe at James Harden. Grantland writers just can't help themselves. The Beard is in their heads.

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The Rockets probably have the flaws that Cuban mentions, but the Mavs are probably not good enough to exploit these flaws. The later round opponents do, though.

11. MoonieMac10

MoonieMac10 Member

I was hyped for this series, now im Ray Lewis pre game hyped.

12. watashi315

watashi315 Member

As much as I hate to admit it, Cuban's got a point. We do run predictable offense and defense schemes. When I watch Rox games, I can always tell if Harden is going to get the ball, when he's going to pop it out for a corner 3 or Dwight post-ups.

You can't win playoff basketball with those kinds of predictability. We have to learn to adapt and make adjustments on the fly. Whether this is a Mchale problem or team problem or both, we will never know. But for some reason, we are just not a good team at adjustments. We never were. If our typical 2-3 offensive schemes fail, then we look like a deer caught in headlights and expects Harden to carry us. But if teams are going to lock down on Harden, then we basically have salvos left to answer back.

This is the reason we haven't made it out of the first round since Yao.

13. vator

vator Contributing Member

Shark Tank reference...I see you. :cool:

14. marky :)

marky :) Member

I'm actually glad Cuban took the shots at the rest of the team and not Harden. Maybe that's the gasoline they need to light a fire in their ass and play out of their minds.

15. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I need to know I'll get a return on my investment of not giving 2 damn's what Cuban thinks... so for that reason I'm also out.

16. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

Shots are basically at McHale. He says we're talented, but predictable. Honestly, that is true. But, then he says we're not a good team....Well we're #2 seed and going to wrap this series up by next week, so BAM :grin:

17. rocketsmetalspd

Let's Get Ready To Rumble!! Seriously, this is going to be a great series. The whole Western Conference Rounds will be great to watch. I can't wait!

18. Visagial

Visagial Contributing Member

God I hate Cuban, but let's not get carried away with being the 2nd seed. We're only 1 game better than the 6th seed.

19. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

He went after Dwight and Ariza. He had Terry and Brewer. Our team blew expectations out of the water. His team wasn't even close to their expectations. salty! PhD

20. brooksstephens

Well... he said we have one talented player.