1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Grantland] Mark Cuban on Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by airbulllard, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Sephkane

Sephkane Member

Enough about the Rocket's flaws, let's talk about the Mav's flaws now :D

2. rocketblood713

3. the shark

the shark Member

Sounds like your hate for McHale is stronger then your love for the Rockets. You'd want the Spurs to beat the Rockets:eek:

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

McHale is not the worst coach... lol at people for saying that. I am not a fan of his coaching but no way a bad coach can achieve 54 wins last year and 56 wins this year.

He is not among the Top playoffs coaches for sure but he can win.

Spoelstra proved he can win with talented players given that they are in the East but McHale can improve.

I think even McHale can win with Lebron, Wade and Bosh in the East.

I am sure of that.

5. calcium

calcium Member

Was thinking about this the other.

The number of Rockets bench players in the last 2 seasons who are starters
    (or have been starting) in other NBA teams.

eg
    Covington, Lin, Canaan, Ish Smith, Casspi, T Black, C Aldrich
    A Brooks

If these guys couldnt make the starters here, how strong would this team
    have to be to be considered strong?

It's only cos Harden is so much better than the others (and this includes
    the rest of the NBA), that it seems like a 1 man team.

6. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Teams they have played for include bad teams like the Sixers Knicks Lakers and Kings. Not that impressive when you think of it that way. Brooks did start for a good team like the Bulls though, even if it was after Rose went down with another injury.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

Run the same play over and over again until they stop it. Vince Lombardi. And I agree with this. The best teams and players do the same thing over and over again and keep it simple. Yes. It's boring. Yes. It's predictable. But that's how you win. Tweak the plays when needed, but be consistent on how you attack and that way everyone knows exactly what to do and what their role is. Cuban is an idiot.

8. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Pops >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cuban

9. pippsux

pippsux Member

Well we gotta win the series now.....to lose to Cuban, dirk and pretty boy Parsons would be devastating....and mean the end of mchale as coach of the rockets
    MUST WIN!!!!!

10. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Good Lord. All these guys are part time starters for some of the worst teams in the league, except Brooks who is also a fill in.

11. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Still cant understand why people is dissing the team.
    With the amount of injuries, Rox stills holds firm shows that althought the bench might not be the best around, but its certainly deep.
    Personally, this team without Harden still gets you 41 wins.

And yes, Rox in 5. Would like the sweep, but prefer to have the confetti coming down at Houston.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It will be gruesome to people who hate on McHale and still root for the Rockets.

For the Rockets to go far, McHale has to go far and outcoach himself.

13. kokopuffs

kokopuffs Member

hence the "if we don't go all the way" - if you read carefully, you'd understand it means that i'd rather win it all. BUT if we -were- to lose, I'd prefer it in a manner that exposes our coaching. We have all the talent we could hope for. Dwight, Harden, Ariza, Terrence Jones, Josh Smith, Corey Brewer. DMo and Bev when they come back. That's one of the most versatile (well, except for free throws) lineups in the league. I think we'd win in 6 if we met Cleveland in the Finals, but if we don't get there it'll most likely be due to getting outcoached by Pop or Kerr.

Spoelstra is in the East. That's why I said McHale is one of the worst, if not the worst, head coaches in the west.

14. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Not a McHale guy at all, but I'd love for him to improve from last postseason and overachieve this season.

15. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Stop bumping this ****!

16. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

Regular season wins mean jack ****. We both know that.

Where in the **** did you pull that from? Where did I allude that?

Agreed, but defensive strategy, in game adjustments, keeping your team composed, rotations are a big part.

Superior talent...pretty much. Real question was why was it so close?

That's the real answer...coaching.

17. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

You mad?

18. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Can you go talk about mark cuban on the Mavs forum?. Thanks. :)

19. the shark

the shark Member

Your logic makes NO sense. If we lose to the Spurs in the 2nd rd McHale was out coached by Pop, and he's a horrible coach. What if we beat the Spurs in the 2nd rd, is McHale still a horrible coach?

Say we move on to the conference finals, and we get beat by GS, does that make McHale a bad coach (after beating Pop/Spurs)? Or we make it all the way to the finals, and we lose to the Cavs, does that mean McHale was out coached by Blatt and thus McHale's a bad coach (after beating Carlisle, Pop, and Kerr)?

McHale may not be the best coach in the league/west, but to call him the WORST coach in the west after all the injuries they had throughout the yr, winning the toughest division in the NBA, having the #2 seed in the west, the 3rd best record in the league, and McHale is the WORST coach in the west in your opinion?

Dude, pull your head out of your @$$ and lay off the crack pipe:eek:

1 person likes this.
  20. Kash

Kash Member

If this doesn't rile up the other guys, then nothing will. This is the ultimate bulletin board material.

Sadly, I think Cuban may be right to a certain degree. I'm a little surprised he would give that extra motivation, but hey, he did. This is where the other Rockets' players either prove he's right or that he's an idiot.