1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Grantland] How Wives and Girlfriends Are Separated at NBA Games..

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by 713, May 6, 2013.

1. 713

713 Member

Jalen Rose describes to Bill Simmons and David Jacoby how NBA players will request that their wives and girlfriends sit on opposite sides of the arena. From the April 25, 2013, B.S. Report podcast.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wXOiQbcjSd0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

PS: I love these podcasts from Grantland.

Here's the full podcast (Video)

Part 1
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zwReiaHnPdI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Part 2
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/omF_zU6oLLg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Please don't tell me you watched the entire thing, 713... :confused: Did you?

After the entire Mario Elie incident back in the 90's, I can't stand Jalen Rose. :eek: Did not watch.

3. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

This. Rose is a punk ass b****.

4. 713

713 Member

What happened?

5. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

You're probably too young to remember. Elie went up for a wide open fastbreak dunk, and Jalen Rose undercut him as he dunked it, breaking Elie's wrist. I believe this was 1996. I was a mere 8 years old, and still remember it like it was yesterday. I was fuming.

I'll try to find a video.

6. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Contributing Member

Over the past few years from his work with Grantland I have slowly come to terms with myself that Jaylen Rose provides interesting insight about the game and I don't actually hate him anymore.

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I will never forget it and Rose's eternal lack of remorse about the play. Cannot stand the guy.

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

Yup, he can go get violently hit by a speeding truck and I aint even mad.

9. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

^^^This, some of the things he brings up make him sound kinda slimy and shady, but some of the behind the scenes things he brings up (that wouldn't be brought up otherwise) have to be at least somewhat appreciated.

10. BE4RD

BE4RD Member

If I were Jalen, I'd be worried that interview could get me fired from family friendly ABC.

11. platypus

platypus Member

Maybe i'm being a bit over sensitive here but was anyone a bit offended/annoyed at how they talked about these women like that, as if they were objects? I never really liked jalen rose but those comments show some insight into his true character.

I mean i know they may be just groupies/gold diggers but i expected simmons to be a bit more classy as well.

12. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Are you offended by professional athletes? Cause I'm sure a large majority of them refer to women as objects. Rose is just speaking about it publically.

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I agree with the bolded part.

14. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Don't be so naive dude there are a lot of pro athletes that have a different woman in every city and some of the women know and just go along for the ride. These chicks aren't innocent either.

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Uhhh I think you quoted the wrong guy. I have no problem with how they were talking about these groupies. I am well aware of how they make a living off of using NBAers (see: Dirk Nowitzki).

16. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

They also are talking about their wives, who probably aren't alright with it or they'd be seating them together.

17. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Well Jalen got past his DWI so I'm sure he doesn't think this is a big deal.