1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Grantland] Bill Simmons/Jalen Rose Analysis of NBA Teams ('13-'14)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by vstexas09, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Garner

Garner Member

Clairvoyant Bill kills me

2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Very entertaining. So do they do one team per day or how does it work?

3. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

yes, I predict next team will be Charlotte

4. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

correctamundo

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/NTe0IG8drxI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. vstexas09

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/sI1HrGvR4JI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

who's your prediction for 24?

6. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

they implied its the celtics at the end

7. vstexas09

yeah i caught that later.

8. basketballholic

Just a note here. Bill is suggesting Kendrick Perkins, Lamb, and Reggie Jackson for Marcin Gortat. Phoenix is running on a shoestring. They want to lose and go to the lottery. Why would they pay essentially $13.8 million next season to see if Lamb and Jackson can be special for them????? I don't think that makes sense.

What does make sense is for Gortat to get bought out, saving Phoenix a couple million dollars with Gortat signing somewhere else for the exception money. There is only one team that has cap space to claim Gortat, outright....Philly. Do you think they want to claim him? Nope.

This is where our room exception could very well come in handy. Saves Phoenix a couple million $$. Trade Smith and cash to them for a future second rounder. They buy out Gortat and we sign him for our room exception money.

9. afk

afk Member

"Micheal Jordan is destroying the Bobcats." Best title so far. :grin:

10. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I sooooo want to hear what they cut out of the Sac vid about flying women in.

11. vstexas09

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/1SMYbdKAJ-8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Toronto's next!

Man, I really do hope Rondo gets traded though. That would be sick.

12. TexasTofu

TexasTofu Member

these are awesome, how did they not do this for the nfl?

13. vstexas09

Bill and Jalen are the best things to happen to sports journalism. Grantland is a diamond in the rough that is ESPN bull****.

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I know. I felt ripped off by that. I wonder if Jalen requested that be redacted or if ESPN folk just did not approve.

15. vstexas09

Don't get fired! GIVE THE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT!

16. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

I prefer this to NBA TV/ESPN. TNT is a close one though

17. s.b713

s.b713 Member

Man that would be such a fantastic scenario, we would make out like bandits. Then we trade Asik + fillers for our future Starting PF

18. vstexas09

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/bTU37EXkSH4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

These segments are awesome. I've become a avid Grantland fan the past few weeks, and their content just keeps getting better.

Reg. Toronto- I'm looking for them to be a huge swing vote in the league this year with the upcoming trades they are destined to make now with Ujiri now in the mix and with free reign to do whatever he wants with this roster.

I do think that some team out there is going to get Lowry for next to nothing in a dump for a pick, and he's going to be a game changer for that team in the playoffs.

-I also wouldn't be shocked after a slow start to see the Lakers trade Gasol & Nash for something like Rudy Gay and Amir Johnson. The Lakers will probably think they can get Gasol back next Summer in free agency, and re-form some type of crazy low efficiency tandem with Kobe and Gay in 2014. Then ESPN LA writers can drool all over their own chicken scratch writing about how Gay is ALMOST as good as Lebron.... That could be an awesome train-wreck I'd love to watch.

MAKE IT HAPPEN UJIRI!!!!

20. basketballholic

Glad to see I'm not the only nut ball that thinks Rondo gets traded this year.