1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Grantland] Bill & Jalen's 2014-15 NBA Preview

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Oct 14, 2014.

1. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

They're still going. Indiana this morning (don't have capabilities to embed it)

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

That is extremely disappointing. These were awesome.

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/SlTLhyRNlwk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

ESPN, f*** you.

5. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Watch the end of the Indiana video. They said that Bill and Jalen never finished them.

6. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

I'm assuming the Grantland show is gonna be the previews continued or something along those lines, or atleast I hope so.

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Not likely. They never finished them. All those animations and cartoons they do that make them so good probably take a good amount of time to make.

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I just finished it.

Shucks. That is a bummer.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Half-assed it. :mad:

Don't start if you're not gonna finish. :mad:

*If true
    **Maybe his suspension had something to do with it--timing issue?
    ***When they were only at 25-24-23 and the season a week away, made you wonder...

On that note,

Bill Simmons, Zach Lowe, and Haralabos Voulgaris Preview the 2014-15 NBA Season

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/JdZzK3BZvZs?showinfo=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#69 J.R., Oct 22, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  10. drowsy12

drowsy12 Member

So basically the three week ESPN ban ****ed the whole thing up?

What a clsuter**** by ESPN. This is some of their best content.

All I wanted to hear was Jalen defend the Rockets while Bill pulled the 'Should have kept Chandler' 'Ariza after he signed a contract' and 'Harden and Howard can't lead' arguments

11. drowsy12

drowsy12 Member

another reason to hate Ray Rice!

12. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

maybe they'll mix up the previews into the thursday show, it is an horu long, it would be a nice segment.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Weak.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The final Bill &amp; Jalen NBA Preview: Indiana (no. 21): <a href="http://t.co/EfMkVHs79I">http://t.co/EfMkVHs79I</a> ... hey <a href="https://twitter.com/JalenRose">@jalenrose</a>, I wish we could have <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/gtgtpwtw?src=hash">#gtgtpwtw</a></p>&mdash; Bill Simmons (@BillSimmons) <a href="https://twitter.com/BillSimmons/status/524941184259473408">October 22, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Haralabos talks way too much

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

He loves to "fire" coaches.

Fire Kevin McHale
    Fire Scott Brooks
    Fire Monty Williams

Oh, and likes Chicago and Dallas to go far.

#75 J.R., Oct 22, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  16. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

[rQUOTEr]Hey everyone - we feel awful that we couldn't finish the previews. It would have been impossible, we taped those first ten on Sep. 23 and I wasn't allowed to work until Oct. 15. We love doing these previews and put a ton of time into each one. We couldn't and wouldn't mega-speedrush them just to finish the series, especially when we had to worry about planning the new TV show, too. In general, the timing just couldn't have been worse. But thanks for the support and big thanks to the Redditor who came up with the "Bad News Bill" idea. We are proud of the ten we did - we don't have a big team, it's just 4 of us and some freelancers. I thought the production quality was better this year than last year. We were getting better at doing them which is the real bummer here. Anyway, thanks for understanding and I promise to do an impromptu AMA soon. --SIMMONS

http://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/2jzhc5/the_pacers_preview_is_bad_news_for_nba_fans_bill/clgl68a
    [/rQUOTEr]

17. BleedsRocketRed

Ugh, Lame. F ESPN

18. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Oh man. That's really disappointing. I really enjoyed watching all of them last year. And was looking forward to them again this year.

As to Indiana, please send us David West. I'd give up Terrence Jones and the Pelicans pick in a heart beat. If they plan to rebuild a little for the Paul George comeback, that would make so much sense for them. They get another potential lottery pick and a solid young player with a lot of potential who is already, at the least, a proven rotation guy.

19. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Yep. Especially since, while the ones they did were great...everyone is looking for what they say about the top teams, not the bottom ones.

20. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

the end was hilarious. plus they get people to hate espn more.