1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Grantland article on DeMarcus Cousins.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Raven, Aug 6, 2013.

1. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

44.8 career FG%, ew

2. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

The problem is when he isn't playing around the basket because he sucks at that and with his teammates. Thomas, Thorton, Evans, Freddette, Brooks....all are not very good perimeter defenders (I'd say Harden is better than all but Evans). Of course the Kings are going to better defensively when he's on the bench, the vast majority of the minutes with him on the bench prior to trade deadline had Chuck Hayes and Thomas Robinson on the court. Those guys can't score, but they are at least good at defense.

Cousins adjusted plus minus stats show he makes a positive impact on defense equivalent to that of Chuck Hayes. Sacramento needs to be blown up as a team.

1 person likes this.
  3. da_juice

da_juice Member

He's probably going to gget overpaid by someone. WWhether its the kings, lakers, mavs, he'll get the max.

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Kings are in the same position as the Wizards except their player is a nutcase who could totally implode.

According to "sources" in attendance, Cuz was "very bad" at Team USA workouts in July. Can't find the original link. http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/229283/Report-DeMarcus-Cousins-Very-Bad-At-USA-Workouts

I never thought much of this guy. My expectation was he would become more of a headache than basketball player. You can blame his age all you want, but whoever ponies up big money will regret it. I hope it's a team I don't like.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

[​IMG]

6. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Oh please let it be the Lakers, They need a new player which I really dislike after Kobe has left. And on top of that giving the max to cousins will make sure that they do not win another championship in the near future.

7. MemphisX

MemphisX Contributing Member

It's funny, I don't see a difference between. Cousins and Kevin Love.

8. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Cousins will eventually get it together. If the Kings have a reasonable record I see Cousins making the all star team as a reserve.

9. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Good read but Lowe is only amplifying points that most observers are already aware of: he can't defend the PnR, takes too many jumpers and needs to stop lollygagging and get back on defense.

All of this is correctable.

Sure, the timing of the contract negotiating sucks for Sacramento (when/how much to pay him, what happens if they move him and puts it all together, etc); but at the end of the day, you have to make a move. And let's not kid ourselves: whichever move they choose to make will still be a gamble. He either ends up a talented yet overpaid malcontent or a better version of Zach Randolph on a rival team. I don't envy Pete D'Alessandro.

10. da_juice

da_juice Member

Yep. It's a rock and a hard place. Especially when you know Sacramento has trouble bringing I b FAs, and there's probably pressure to bbein the playoffs soon from owner ship

11. otis thorpe

otis thorpe Member

Not making excuses but at some point you have to cut him slack for playing in sacremento. we are talking a franchise run by spoiled brats wo were talking moving just this past season .

12. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

Asik straight up for Hayes : )