1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Grant Hill, next year....

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by getsmartnow, Sep 17, 2002.

?

How will Grant Hill perform next season??

1. All-Star Form (25pts, 8rebs, 6ast)

7 vote(s)
    11.7%
  2. Backseat to T-Mac, but good stats.

33 vote(s)
    55.0%
  3. Shadow of former self, but still plays through the season.

11 vote(s)
    18.3%
  4. Injured again early in the season.

9 vote(s)
    15.0%
  1. getsmartnow

getsmartnow Contributing Member

How do you think he will go??

2. mfclark

mfclark Member

I think he could return to that All-Star form, yet still take a backseat to McGrady.

But I'm going to tend to be just a tad biased on this one. :)

3. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

He's spent.

4. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

His prime has passed...

5. Stylez

Stylez Member

He'll be solid but the days of hyping him as the next Magic Johnson are over. 15 & 7 IMO.

6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think he's used up, because he hasn't had a grueling career at all. There's been no night after night of pounding the floor, and taking a beating to wear his body down. He seems to have been injured all the time and he hasn't been able to play that much. It seems like every year we hear that he will be coming back, and is ready to resume his status as an NBA great. Then every time he gets injured and doesn't play more than a handful of games.

I don't know why this year should be any different. I think that if he does come back healthy he'll be great, because he has the talent. I just don't believe he'll come back healthy.

7. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I'm hoping he kicks ass but somehow the Magic still suck. Hill was always one of the class guys on and off the court. How can anyone hate him is beyond me.

8. mfclark

mfclark Member

OK, I may be biased - but to say his prime has passed when he's barely even 30 and he's spent when he's hardlyplayed a game in two years and is in excellent overall shape is just plain biased against him.

If Hill fails, it'll be because of his ankle - not because he's out of his prime, spent, or anything like that. If his ankle's fine, he'll be nearly the same player he was before the injury; otherwise, I expect that he'll likely call it a career.

I'm just not hoping for that.

9. mav3434

mav3434 Member

he's done.

10. UT Baller

UT Baller Member

If the ankle can somehow hold up (which is what EVERYBODY in Magicland is saying) then a lot of you will be eating crow. I read an interview in which Doc Rivers was contemplating moving Hill to the "1" in order to get him, TMac, and Mike Miller on the floor together. The point being that he would have to be 100% if he is going to guard the point. If he indeed can, then watch out that is a HUGE backcourt.......