1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Grain of Salt] The Toronto Raptor Cyberex

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by larsv8, Jun 13, 2017.

1. dmoneybangbang

Guys like Patterson are good glue guys and do a lot of the little things that makes everything smoother. I wouldn't say he "moves the needle" but I think he would make us deeper without any other changes.

RudyTBag likes this.
  2. hongxingli

hongxingli Contributing Member

6 m is a deal for his production in current cba

3. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

100% Agree. I'm in for moves like these. But I still think we gotta package Ariza, anyone not in our rotation, and picks to see what we could net. Maybe even throw in Capela if it lands us a star to go with Harden.

4. Caesar

Caesar Member

I don't even want to think about a back up right now. I prefer we save all the money we got and trade Ryno away and get Paul Millsap, if not figure out a trade to bring in Kenneth Faried. We need more dreads. Seriously though. Faried on the break with Harden and catching lobs is just as efficient as letting Ryno stand around 6 feet behind the 3 point line and just throw up bricks. Better rebounder and defender. The Manimal has a career PER of 19.7 also. So underrated and no longer fits with what Denver is trying to do and has a career low value.

5. da_juice

da_juice Member

It all depends on contract:
    - If we stand pat, bring him and maybe a defensive wing in we marginally upgrade .
    - If we bring him in to replace Anderson, dump Anderson, and bring in a 3 to move Ariza to the bench, and another backup 5 (basically a second NeNe) then I think we improve a lot.

6. alethios

alethios Member

Good time to send up the cyberx bat signal

BigMaloe likes this.
  7. i3artow i3aller

8. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

Wrong. Pat at least brings heart and intensity and mental toughness. Far more than that little ***** Ryan.

hongxingli likes this.
  9. rockets13champs

Well Eric Gordon is Klay. Still need to add a kd

dragonwill likes this.
  10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly. If you can get him on a Bev contract, no brainer.

da_juice likes this.
  11. threepointshot3

Most importantly he is a good post defender. Something we badly needed against the Spurs. As soon as Nene went down everything started to crumble.

RudyTBag likes this.
  12. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

This is great, by the way....

Well done.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

besides the fact that PP isn't some great defender, bc the spurs beat hou in the post? far from it

14. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Everyone acts like Clint Capela didn't dominate his matchup against LA and Pau. We were more than fine down low.

kingjosh, Plowman and YOLO like this.
  15. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Also something we have no use for against the Warriors or even the Cavs.

We can beat the Spurs by improving anything. That's how close we were. I wouldn't choose an improvement that is specific to the Spurs.

We were far more hurt by athletic forwards than post players overall.

YOLO likes this.
  16. YOLO

YOLO Member

when guys like simmons, mills, green, ginobli, and LA with his jumpshots are killing you, that's not a post defense problem.

dmoneybangbang and RudyTBag like this.
  17. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Lol at Big Splash...

More like a rain drop... drop top.......

[​IMG]

18. Zergling

Zergling Member

PPat as a backup 4 would be an excellent addition. Another good locker room guy too

RudyTBag likes this.
  19. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

You know you are giving up something with Gordon, Lou and James playing heavy minutes, but I am okay with that. Those guys give us a chance to beat anyone.

Ariza as the only forward defender is in my mind the biggest issue with our roster. We need bigger, better forwards.

napalm06 likes this.
  20. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Ppat was one of their most important players last year. Before the deadline when I was doing lots of research around the league his offensive rating was the best in the league actually for quite some time and stayed at the top few until the trade deadline (when I stopped looking). He was a part of all the raptors top lineups. I think the top 5 or 6 lineups they had throughout the year. He was incredibly important and vital to them.

And then ovals happened and the deadline and I noticed he was getting phased out but the results where slipping as well even though they got better.

I would gladly take Ppat as a super sub ala ego or even a ryno replacement shall more decide we need to move his contract.

RudyTBag likes this.