1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Grain of Salt] The Toronto Raptor Cyberex

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by larsv8, Jun 13, 2017.

1. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

which Patterson are you talking about?

Shot 40.1% from the field last year (has declined each of the last 4 years) and is a matador on defence his whole career.
    Currently getting paid $6mill per season - don't think he'll be coming into the off-season looking for a paycut will he?

2. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Some of you need to take a two week break from posting or something. At least until this post-Warriors championship doomsday thing wears off. You're being completely insufferable.

Back to the topic, thanks for posting, larsv8. That's an interesting tidbit. 2Pat, on the right type of deal, could be a valuable rotation player. Definitely a player who plays solid two-way basketball and doesn't hurt you when he's out there.

BMoney and cmlmel77 like this.
  3. CapelaOnlyFan

CapelaOnlyFan Member

I'll take Patterson over Anderson any day. They'll hit about the same amount of shots when it matters most (very few) and ppat should come at a much cheaper price to do the exact same thing ryno did in the playoffs. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

4. alethios

alethios Member

Thong Maker and Wicky Wubio :rolleyes:

BigMaloe, Richie_Rich and J.R. like this.
  5. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Raptors and Rocket fans are cool so hell yea wb 2Pat!!!

6. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Harden is our Durant.

We don't have a Klay, Curry.

Capela = McGee.

This is too much info Morey does not want me to release yet. We have a few tricks up our sleeve.

7. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

I'm thinking we have to move ryno and get out of his contract. ppat would give us the same thing for 1/3 the price or less.

CapelaOnlyFan likes this.
  8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't mind having Patrick on the bench, but he isn't going to move the needle.

kjayp likes this.
  9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Harden and Gordon.

Lou Williams is our Steph Curry. Except Lou is more sexy.

[​IMG]

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

Thanks for posting this op, seems legit, PPat minutes got cut after they traded for Ibaka, he just played 18/20 minutes per game in the playoffs and after the deadline so, it make sense since i also kinda remember reading somewhere stats were showing how the Raptors were better all season with him on the court.

And i agree with @ThatBoyNick, PPat on a "cheap" deal > Anderson at 20x...thinking about it, sounds actually one of those unexpected moves Morey makes and nobody saw coming.

Richie_Rich and theDude like this.
  11. Rocket4Life11

Rocket4Life11 Contributing Member

2Pat would be a nice pickup.
    Git r dun

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Except Patterson is a plus defender. He's no defensive monster, but he's a little bit above average and is versatile. He is just as bad as Anderson on the boards, though.

I see it like this, Patterson is half the shooter, but twice the defender then Anderson is, IMO they bring a similar overall impact to the game. If we could get Patterson for 10 mill or less per, I think he'd be a great value replacement for Anderson.

Vivi likes this.
  13. Carl Herrera

#33 Carl Herrera, Jun 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
    BigMaloe and JoeBarelyCares like this.
  14. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

not a game changer or even a needle mover... not saying it wouldn't be a decent move... but we gotta be a whoooooole lot more aggressive than that.... lol

15. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I wouldn't mind.

16. topfive

topfive CF OG

Carl Herrera falls in a faint.

BigMaloe likes this.
  17. topfive

topfive CF OG

If 2Pat is the answer, something tells me we're not asking the right question.

18. Carl Herrera

The right question is how do we beat Golden State.

19. Newlin

Newlin Member

This is the kind of free agent that the Rockets have a legitimate chance of acquiring. But, everyone will be shocked with the contract.

20. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I am probably in the minority but I prefer Anderson to PPat. Anderson spreads the floor a bit more and gives Harden more room to operate and can get hot at times. I dont remember patterson as much of a rebounder at all but maybe he has improved. I have hopes thay Anderson gets a bit more comfortable and has a pretty good season. He can rebound when he gives max effort like he did in the playoffs.