1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Graduation] Who's all graduating?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by MystikArkitect, May 4, 2008.

1. MystikArkitect

Just a thread for graduates or soon to be graduates this time of year. High school or college alike.

I graduate on Saturday May 10, 2008 after 5 years of school at U of H, studying architecture. I already have a job set up with a small local firm that I've worked at for two years, they've already made me an offer which I have taken and can't believe that school is over for me. College FLEW by...feels like just yesterday that I was at freshman orientation and now I'm working full time and about to graduate. Thinking about a Masters in Construction Management, but I still am debating. Amazing how time flies.

But whooo! I made it!

2. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

One more class left in the summer. But I will already be working for a consulting company before taking that class. The bad news is that I'm stuck in this hell hole called Dallas for at least one more year before I can put in a transfer to Houston.

It's really surreal right now, after 16 years of school, now I am finally on my own. A bit scary, but I got to move on sooner or later.

3. Astro101

Astro101 Member

Out of Baylor on May 17th! Yea, time sure does fly by. There are some things I regret, like not coming out of my shell earlier or actually doing better in class.

And unfortunately I'll be part of the Boomerang Nation and move back with my parents as I take a year off and do some research. Then it's off to applying for grad school!

Jeez, I remember being on my own for the first time away from home...meeting my roommate at the dorms...going to Walmart or Taco Bell at 3 in the morning and not having to worry about parents worrying about me. The real world is coming too fast.

4. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Real world > College

Money.

5. Xenochimera

Xenochimera Contributing Member

i dunno, college life is pretty fun, lots of work but lots of fun as well.

6. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

My day of doom is Friday. Not that I'm not looking forward to graduating, just not sure I'm ready to give up the "freedom" of college life and the safety of saying "I'm just a student" versus having full-time responsibility.

Luckily this past semester has been a good transition; I've interned part-time without classes. I think I'm just going to retire.

7. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

Money can't buy everything. But HELL YES! I'm soooooooooo ready to not be broke for the first time in my life. But think about it, this really sucks. When I was at school, I had all the free times in the world, but not have any money to really do anything. Now that I'm graduated, I have all this money, but not enough time to do what I want. Life is a b**** :(

8. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

rockets season tickets will be my first post school purchase ever.

9. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

I graduate this saturday from UH.