1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Grade the deadline performance

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Feb 20, 2014.

Tags:
?

Grade the performance

1. A

43 vote(s)
    14.1%
  2. B

113 vote(s)
    37.2%
  3. C

84 vote(s)
    27.6%
  4. D

26 vote(s)
    8.6%
  5. F

38 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. OremLK

OremLK Member

Oops, meant to write *8 game winning streak. Point stands.

2. Play07

Play07 Member

C- Morey homer glasses off

1.Nuggets WON the trade as of now unless Hamilton comes in & gets rotational mins before playoffs start.

2.Brooks is going to rotational mins in Denver, they needed a PG with Nate out for season & trading miller today. They just went out and got them a solid vet playoff experienced guard easy for a guy that had 8 DNP CD this season. Brooks talked to shaw & nuggets GM before he went about playing time.

3. We already have convigton on a cheaper contract putting in work, why not roll with him ?

4. This could help Canaan, but playoffs we saw and this year how important brooks is when harden, bev or Lin goes down.

3. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

You've obviously given Daryl Morey and endless time frame to build a contender. Which basically proves my point that to some fans, Daryl Morey will forever be graded a A+ regardless of what he does. Because his name's Daryl Morey

4. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

AB should have started with Harden since he can actually drain a spot-up three. Lin and Bev off the bench together is so dynamic. Oh well.

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I give them a D. All these other trades that went down were good players going for pennies it seems(Hawes for two freakin picks??). You mean to tell me all Morey could do was get Hamilton for Brooks???:confused::confused:

6. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

How was Aaron going to lead us to the promise land?

7. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

I sorta agree. The only difference is Bev should be starting w/ AB taking Lin's spot. Lin should've been shipped out instead of AB

8. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

They are one of the youngest on average, but their best player is 28 (and has been in the NBA 10 years), and he's not getting any younger. I'm not saying they have to win this year, but I don't think the team's window (with Dwight) is very large.

9. pass_to_Hakeem

People , especially the people on this forum just aren't ever satisfied!! Damned if Morey DOES or DOESNT. Did Morey have to make a trade because SaC or CLE made one??? Does Morey have to go after Kevin Love (who more than likely will either sign with NY or "more probable" here in LA where he was raised and played college ball) JUST because he is unhappy in MINN??? Like Gerry Huntsicker (one of the best Astros GMs around) used to say "I'm not gonna make a trade just to make a trade"!!!
    This team is doing great. They have moved up the ladder in the West and have an 8 game winning streak!!!! Rondo would of been nice but it didn't happen. Maybe in the summer? Let's not FIX what ISNT BROKEN just yet people

Just my little 2 cents

10. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

Brooks can't guard anyone. AB and Harden would be one of the worst defensive backcourts in the league. Opponents would basically get what they want.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He's already built a contender....

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's at least 4 or 5 years.

13. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

I give a F simply because I wanted Spencer Hawes and the asking price for him was crazy cheap.

14. CertifiedTroll

A:
    He really had no assets to work with, and he turned our 3rd string PG into a possible back up too Harden or Parson.

15. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

What was the Melo to Houston mention Bill Simmons was talking about? Normally I wouldn't give it any thought but Bill is definitely a friend of the Rockets front office. I can't imagine what that type of trade would have looked like but it seems like that would have been quite a swing for the fences move regardless of what you feel about Melo as a player.

16. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

Signing Asik and Lin to those deals wasn't a dumb move, not even in hindsight. They've more or less lived up to their contracts, especially Asik -- until he became a disgruntled employee that is. Both players have positive value on the trade market, proof being that we could easily dump either of them for a 2nd round pick anytime we want. Anytime you can acquire an asset like that without giving anything up, you do it.

17. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Never said AB is the sole reason we'd win a championship. But he's more than capable of contributing 10-15pts off the bench to help us win a series or too. I trust AB more than Jeremy Lin to hit a big shot in a crucial situation. I believe Lin will actually lose us more games down the stretch. We'll see though

18. ballerboy001

ballerboy001 Member

Gonna miss AB. Kinda wish it were Casspi or Garcia. Torn on that though because both have shown flashes of being solid. Theoretically, we traded away a position we were slightly above average in to maybe help a position of need. If we can semi consistently get efforts like last night, we won't miss Brooks. But of course las night wasn't OKC.

19. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Glasses off

1.) AB's defense is so bad it's questionable if he really offsets that with his offensive game
    2.) AB is older and I imagine is only going to get worse for a small guy who's only valuable skill is based on his speed which is likely going to start declining
    3.)Hamilton just has to be marginally better than Garcia to be an upgrade and I don't think that's too hard
    4.) Hamilton is relatively young and could still get better even though he hasn't proven much so far in the league. If he's at very least in the ballpark of FG, they could resign him to a longer contract on the cheap and have wing depth wrapped up.

20. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I'm really happy he didn't trade Parsons....being patient in that situation is hard and he really has my respect for that.

The Brooks trade? Idk yet, may be nothing.

If its before now I would give him a C-. He should have traded Asik sooner. (Jury is still out on it though..)