1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

GORDON purposely tanking so nobody will take his contract to avoid trade?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Swapshop, Nov 2, 2018.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Ask Tilman, you cannot sign those dead eye shooters for peanuts.

2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

The trade rumors have affected him. I doubt he's missing on purpose. I think his focus is messed up.

To a player overcoming injuries, joining a Thibs team is a f'ing nightmare.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Vivi likes this.
  4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Not posting the full article. But wanted to pull these quotes....

Having been around for over a decade, Gordon certainly is no stranger to having his name thrown around in trade rumors.
    “I know the nature of the business,” Gordon explained. “But a lot of people don’t.”
    “All I can do is go out there and play,” Gordon said. “The only tough thing is some of your friends always come to you with, ‘Do you think you’re gonna be traded?’ That’s the only annoying thing. At the end of the day I’m just a basketball player and I have to control what I can control.”
    “[It’s] still a long season, anything can happen. We’re gonna get this thing turned around, we gonna get it right. When we have a full group together, where everyone’s healthy, we’ll be good to go.”

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

EG giving those PR answers. The trade rumors are definitely affecting him like they did Ryno. If Morey was smart, he would've traded him long ago.

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I told

all of you.

7. Quinncy

Quinncy Member

Who better that's available?

8. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Watch out sir, he might comment on your like to post ratio and put you in your place. Haha

Also, you didn't put discuss at the end of your post, so how can I take you seriously? Discuss.

BHannes2BHonest and hakeem94 like this.
  9. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

John Lucas, Calvin Murphy, JVG, etc.. Is Dantoni any good? Can the Rockets do worse? I haven't seen anything special about his offense. When everyone has caught up he has to adapt and evolve. He can say all day his style works because the Warriors winning proves it works, but we've all seen how frustrated players/staff has gotten when KD starts playing 1 on 5. They share the ball. Everyone touches the ball and not when it's just time to shoot when the shot clock is running down. And they don't just limit their shots to 3 pointers. Harden has a great mid range game that is non existent in this offense. Rant over.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

you mean putting up great offensive seasons year after year isn't that special, including one of the best rated historically a year ago.

nice. lets sign up tyrone lue

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've been telling people of un pure posters for quite a while now

no 99ers care about post ratios they just care about pureness

Pizza_Da_Hut and BHannes2BHonest like this.
  12. BasketballMind

Might as well. Like I said, I don't think the way Rockets played last season would have won them a championship even with a healthy CP3. Yes they won 65 games last season and that had large part to do with Harden, Paul and supporting cast. I don't care about Dantoni's past. He's never won a championship. Tyron Lue has. You can say it was because of LeBron.. and I'd say then D'antoni wasn't the reason Rockets won 65 games last season and his Phoenix team led by Steve Nash was the reason he was successful then.

His main argument for his style of play is that the Warriors are doing the same thing and winning. They're not the same. His isolation style of play wont win a championship. Players standing around watching, going two, three, sometimes four posessions without touching the ball but expected to play tough defense. Takes a toll mentally and Rockets need them to get going. Meanwhile, role players shine agains the Rockets. Why? How? Because other teams are running plays and playing as a team. Their coaches/staff are tailoring their "systems" according to their personel, strengths and weaknesses. They make adjustments. Why in the hell, if switching isn't working, or hasn't worked, has there not been any in game adjustments. How about zone defense, how bout not switching? How bout the Rockets be less PREDICTABLE?

D'Antoni needs to be more open minded and less prideful in regards to his precious system. He's placed the blame on everything and everyone but his style of play.

D'Antoni is great at getting talent from other teams no one expects to be as good as they are (isolating). Steve Nash, Joe Johnson, Jeremy Lin. Harden was already on the Rockets. CP3 comes along as of course he has a 65 win season. No one expected CP3 and Harden to work. They caught teams by surprise. He had and still has two of the some of best two isolators of all time on his team. The problem is, once no one is surprised and figures his teams out that's it. He has nothing else, and he can't coach defense so I don't think the Rockets can do worse than D'Antoni at this point.

#52 BasketballMind, Nov 9, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
    Little Bit likes this.
  13. YOLO

YOLO Member

that's just what you think. fact of the matter is they put GS on the brink of elimination doing what they do and with cp3 playing. the only team that had any real success against them. so odds are against what you are saying. that lue mda comparison makes no sense.

yeah its on him when guys are just bricking perimeter shots being created for them.

14. BasketballMind

Fact is they still lost. Fact is D'Antoni doesn't adjust and that won't win a championship so we will have to agree to disagree. Isolation won't get you a win in life let alone a basketball game. Neither will refusing to make changes/adjustments. As a lifelong Rockets fan and multi year season ticket holder I hope I'm wrong. We shall see. Seems like a case of you can't teach an old dog new tricks and we might need a younger dog.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah they lost without cp3. take out arguably the best player playing against them at the time, its not surprising they lost. yeah id say thats a huge loss, losing an elite player. you sound exactly like the people that said year after year jump shooting teams won't win a championship. yeah we know how thats gone for years now.

Angkor Wat likes this.
  16. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

The like mechanism only started back a couple years ago so there is no “accuracy” of likes for members who have been members since 99/2010 etc... newer members are going to have a much better ratio since it was “rep” back in the day . Discuss ;)

Pizza_Da_Hut likes this.
  17. BasketballMind

I don't think anyone sounds like me lol.. I dont agree with that. I never said or insinuated a jump shooting team can't win a championship. Now I feel like I'm wasting time.. Warriors aren't JUST shooting 3's sir. Rockets are too predictable. Mix it up. Y'all want Olympic Melo? Ok, the three point shot was closer in. D'Antoni is against Melo stepping in for a two. Just using that as an example. Jump shots. Cool. Let's do it. Stop and pop. Not just at the 3 point line. Is that ok? Let's get Melo open for some midrrange jumpers to get his shot going. Post up (his strength) get to the freethrow line which also helps players out of shooting slumps.

We lost an elite player. The show must go on. Iggy was out too. Show must go on. Make adjustments. That's all I'm saying. Stop isolating so much. Harden and Paul have to work too hard to score every single posession and it's going to wear them down. Already has. Paul got hurt in the playoffs during an ISOLATION play, forcing up a bad shot if I remember correctly.

I'm sure you go something else for me but I'm done.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

they are primarily a jump shooting team. what else do they do? post up? they run more off ball action bc they have the personnel for it but it still ends up being a jumpshot or rim shot

olympic melo? no not really. that melo is still back during the olympics years ago. the melo now is washed up and has been for quite some time. hes never been efficient and is even worse now. he's being given a system to make him more efficient, yet hes gotten to the point where that doesn't even matter. but at the end of the day its westbrooks fault

so iggy is some elite player now. ok. nvm the fact that hou blew out gs with iggy playing in that series and their full team. and if you remember correctly you would know cp3 got injured all while stepping up and carrying the rockets to a w. aww they work so hard. do you need to get the bubble wrap ready?

19. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Impressive graphic. Sums up everything about this season in one easy to see visual.

Guys in the bottom left quadrant have to be dealt with, and the Rockets have to find a bench forward who can get over the net positive threshold.

With Paul not being himself, that's our second best offensive player MIA.

With Gordon playing like trash, that's also our third best offensive player and best bench player MIA.

With Nene dead and Ariza gone, our front court has lost rebounders and muckers.

It's just too much to overcome even with 'energy' and 'scheming'. There's a fatal flaw in the roster depth.

#59 napalm06, Nov 9, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
  20. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Ignore the troll.