1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Goran Dragic

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Glenyo, Mar 20, 2012.

Tags:
  1. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

A 9 game sample size as a starter is not a MYTH buster!!!, its inadequate amount of evidence to compare to Lowry's stats.....y'all jump to conclusions way too quick.

2. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Same argument could be made after 82 games. All sorts of excuses could abound. Lowry played hurt. Lowry was run down. etc. etc. etc.

Stats say some things. But watching the game on the floor says a lot more. Dragic is a bigger, stronger guard. He's really ideally a combo guard, capable of scoring in loads, but he is very surely evolving to a top 10 point guard distributing playmaker. He's got lots of skills, loads of heart, and it comes in a 6'3" body that is as tough as nails. And he's got a huge motor that keeps him going and going and going.

I don't need another 80 games to figure this out. Lowry's a great player. But he's a pudgy 5'10" to 5'11" player. Strong....yes. A force to be reckoned with. Smart...definitely. A quality leader...no question.

Dragic is all that in a bigger body. Dragic has put this team on his shoulders and carried them along with Lee while Lowry and Martin have been out. And they are playing their best ball of the season with him and Lee starting. And Dragic is the main, main reason. Because he is the dude handling, initiating the offense, creating shots for others. Dragic is doing it all for this team, including getting all his mates quality, quality looks, not only from his own passes but also the 2nd and 3rd passes after he has collapsed the defense and thrown it back out. He's a starting guard in this league. I'll leave it to someone else to define point or SG. I don't really care. He's a starter. And he's a top 15 point guard right now.....at least.

3. gah

gah Member

Boldfaced for misjudgments due to hallucinations. I'd love to join you in that idyllic place some are enjoying in here but I have to stay on earth for much longer.

4. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

I don't know if you've ever taken a stats course, if you have you obviously did not learn much. Go to khanacademy on youtube and watch his statistics lectures, you only need to watch the first few...also Lowry is 6 feet tall I don't know where you got 5'10" from, I'm guessing you wanted to make your argument stronger, fudging facts doesn't help, it just destroys your credibility.

5. jopatmc

I've stood next to the man. I know how tall he is. You're arguing over an inch. Dragic has at least 3 inches on him. And that was my point.

BTW, taken statistics class.

And I've watched thousands of games....thousands.

6. jopatmc

When have they played better than now?

7. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Oh, I don't know, when we were in 4th place in the conference?

8. gah

gah Member

We're only 4-3 with them in this stretch, had a good fight against the Clippers but were disappointing in Cleveland and Phoenix; we had won 7 games in a row, 9 out of 10.

9. gogigorangone

gogigorangone Member

Lowry is good
    Dragic is good..

Rockets need both. Starting PG is the problem :)

10. cod

cod Member

I forget who it was but a player from the Dynamo mentioned meeting Lowry at a function. He claimed on this radio interview that he himself was exactly 5-9 but was surprised to discover he stood a fraction taller than Lowry.

11. dwnkst72

dwnkst72 Member

stuart holden maybe?

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I was busting the myth of Ashish saying Lowry's stats were better than Gorans since he became a starter.

I was using the language that he was speaking.

I don't need the stats to tell me Dragic is quicker, more athletic, able to create off the bounce and find open shooters better than Kyle, I can see that by watching the games.

Heck anyone can see that if they are watching, it is obvious.

DD

13. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

ya know, i do think we should keep Dragic. but i still respect Lowry for what he has done this year. you're acting as if he is a horrible player that is overrated and deserves no credit. it doesn't matter if you don't think that, you're obviously trying to say it.

stop badgering on lowry, he is the reason why we're in the playoff run. have some ****ing respect

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Stop reading things into my posts, please.

I am comparing two guys and giving reasons why I would keep one over the other.

If Goran walks, then by god I want to keep Lowry, he is a very good player, I just happen to think he has hit his ceiling and Goran still has more room to grow and will be a much better player going forward.

It is not disrespectful to recognize players strengths and weaknesses.

Don't coddle NBA players they don't need that crap, this is grown men talking here....

SHEESH !

DD

15. Toothless_Texan

definitely obvious just hope these 40+ min games don't wear him out or gets hurt.. but he is in top notch condition

16. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

My biggest problem with Lowry is his flopping, and watching a pg that plays without flopping EVERY possession is refreshing.

17. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Lowry's game can be straight ugly sometimes and I think it rubs off on the other players, with the whining and flopping and shrugging and rolling of eyes.

18. jopatmc

Nope, sorry. Simply not true. That's why you have to actually watch the games. Being 4th in the standings 25 games in doesn't mean anything. They are playing better now than they have the whole season.

19. jopatmc

I'm not buying that either. I think Lowry has been great ever since we got him. I still think he's great. I'm just convinced that Dragic deserves to start and get 36 or more minutes. He's earned it with his play. He's going to be a better player than Lowry.....as long as he doesn't get injured and as long as he plays H-A-R-D like he's been playing.

Like I said in another thread, there's 3 perimeter spots. That's 144 minutes. I would be happy to give 36 minutes to each of Lowry, Dragic, Lee, and Chandler and let somebody like Chase pick up scraps. As soon as Lowry comes back and we can send Chase back to the bench, we will be even better. Lowry, Dragic, and Lee should be taking all the backcourt minutes with Parsons and lee taking up the SF minutes.

20. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

So your grand evidence... is your eyes. Well, guess what, my eyes say we were playing better as a team when we had two excellent PGs as opposed to one. A pretty novel concept, I guess.