1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Goran Dragic Watch

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by nono, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

19 points with 7 assists.

2. gregas

gregas Member

21 points 7 assists 4 rebounds 2 steals 2 turnovers

3. gah

gah Member

I have to admit, I'm a little bit sick to my stomach watching Gogi playing so steady, like a veteran and in his prime.

4. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

Just watched it.made clutch shots and plays down the stretch. He and brown single handily put the nuggs away. Houston missed out

5. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

gogi, come back? :(

you and courtney lee were so fun to watch

6. nono

nono Member

Haha this thread will be painful to read when Dragic has a great game every time Lin has a mediocre game.

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=400277821
    PHOENIX -- Goran Dragic scored 21 points, including 4-of-5 shooting on 3-pointers, to lead seven Phoenix players in double figures and the Suns snapped Denver's four-game winning streak with a 110-100 victory over the Nuggets on Monday night.

8. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Beasley is just a terrible player for the Suns. There is a reason why the Wolves gave up on him. He has not play up to a quarter of his potential yet. Goran is decent but he is not the player Lowry is in Toronto. His stats has been average, similar to Lin actually. But we'll see in mid season.

9. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Well there is a trend developing.

10. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

side note here. Phoenix new court looks similar to OK State basketball court.

11. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I don't know why they just didn't do a straight 4 yr deal for goran. He's a much better player than lin as we can see now and knew then. The lin signing had nothing to do with basketball ability. I like lin,watched all his games last yr,but dragic is just a better,tougher player.

12. Super Lintendo

Dragic is a tougher player on defense but Jeremy makes up for his average defense with his quick and active hands. Jeremy has developed into a true point guard unlike Dragic and is younger which gives him the potential for an even greater ceiling at point guard.

13. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Nothing Jeremy is doing right now makes him a "true point guard". Wtf is a true point guard anyway

14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

fail fail trollol post.

15. youngshev03

youngshev03 Member

All you people with this "potential" stuff are hilarious. At this point, George Hill is better than Lin and will never make as much.This is Lin's 3rd year. Players usually are what they are at 3 years unless they did 1 year in college or came straight to the NBA from High School. Please name me some players who have gotten exponentially better after the age of 24? Player add on to what they're good at already but they mostly are who they are at 24. "Potential" is for 18-22 year olds.

16. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

well dragic himself is a lot better than he was 2 years ago. in other words, dragic at 24 wasn't any better than lin now. dragic isn't exponetially better than lin so i don't see why lin can't be as good as or even better than dragic in 2 years.

17. meh

meh Contributing Member

They did offer a 4yr deal. Dragic turned it down.

Honestly, I don't really give a flip how Dragic does. He's 26 and in his prime. When the Rockets start to matter, he'll be 28-29 and about to go past his prime, while Lin will be 26-27 entering the peak of what normally is a basketball player's career.

If Dragic is the difference between the 10th pick and the 14th pick of this draft, I'm not losing any sleep over it.

18. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Last I checked, guys hit their prime in their late 20s. I wont loose any sleep either because they're irrelevant,but the deal was a 3 plus an option, right? If dragic was going to only have a 3 plus 1, he wanted a player option or am i wrong. Didn't he take a straight 4 yr deal with suns minus an option?

You say what Lin will be when it matters, but his talent level isnt on dragics level,period. This isnt to say lin wont be solid,but i d doubt he will be a boderline all star in the next 3 years. So if this ploy was to tank,but create some excitment over linsanity,look at the toyota center and tell me how thats working out.

19. meh

meh Contributing Member

No. Phoenix gave him the player option. Rockets didn't. That's basically it.

Eh, agree to disagree. Personally, given your track record at predicting Rockets players, I think Lin has a good shot at future success.

Your reaction to the Brooks-Dragic trade from just a year ago.
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=5978015&postcount=230

20. nono

nono Member

Haha. Nice one meh.