1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Goran Dragic traded to Miami Heat

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Feb 19, 2015.

1. hooroo

hooroo Member

Dwight situation mirrored.

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

He'd be right to leave if he wants to win, Whiteside probably not the real deal. Will check out once he gets that new contract and Wade is waaaay past his prime at this point.

Bosh, hope the guy gets well. Seems like a cool guy.

3. Rokman

Rokman Member

If Dragic wants to run his own team, why on earth would he want to go to Miami??!! Look at the stats tonight (which I didn't have to do know this was the case) Dragic took 11 shots and had 1 assist. Wade took 23 shots and had 4 assists. Call it not being acclimated to your new team if you want but Dragic coming to Miami makes him 3rd fiddle not 1st and now that Bosh is gone and the season is lost Wade is going to get his Dragic be damned. If Dragic resigns this offseason it is only for two reasons, 1) 5 year max contract and 2) Miami women. That's it. He ain't doing it for basketball reasons. He will never run that backcourt as long as Wade is there.

4. abaker28

abaker28 Member

That's not true. Was at the game in Miami last night. You could see how nervous Goran looked. Zero training with new team, home court, new plays. First half he was afraid to shoot. He missed 3 of 4 free throws. But he came alive in the 3rd. He seemed to just want to pass the ball.
    Can't blame wade for the shots he took. Someone from Miami had to given they were 20 down against the Pels without Davis from the 2nd qtr. other than Chalmers, no one else was contributing points.

5. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

I know his fans need find excuses for him, I know it is just his first game, I know he is a good player and he eventually will do all right in Miami, once he is settled down and coaches design some plays for him, and all that.

But he is not a franchise player. And for those teams will offer him max contract, no matter it is Lakers, Knicks, Heat or even Kings and Rockets, they already have their No. 1 guy. A team featuring Dragic is not going anywhere anyway. He is not getting any younger either. All is discussed before the trade.

He and his team need realize it, sooner better than later, a player at his level, getting a near max contract, playing for a competitive team as 2nd or 3rd best player and having a shot at the title is not a bad thing.

6. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

You don't have to have the most shots to run your own team...If you look at Suns of last year when Bledsoe was injured, shots were distributed evenly between 5-6 players and yet it was a team run by Dragic.

I mean, look at Gerald's Green production last year and this year. Same with Frye who looked great last season before bad stamina got to him; this year he can't even start for Orlando at times. Goran can create for others, Bledsoe can create mostly for himself.

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Dragic's over estimation of his own prowess is on par with some of the Gogi bronies here on the BBS.

8. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Spudd Webb of the forum has spoken.

9. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Miami fans will have to sweat a little, but ultimately I'd say the same if I was Dragic. He can't make promises until he sees the deal on the table. He's not one of those players who will get a max deal no matter what, and their only decision is which team.

10. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

That's how they always look though.

Whenever I see Dragic, I want to pet him and tell him that it's all ok. He has a natural shy look.

11. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Zoran had a solid Euro career and a very good world cup, he outplayed some NBA players, he deserves a shot.

Taylor Griffin wasn't even good enough to stick on a euro team that's outside top 100 in Europe.

1 person likes this.
  12. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Repped. He's even fiercer warrior than his brother, very good rebounder for his position (SG/SF), decent slasher/finisher and a great defender. His shot leaves something to be desired, but at least he corrected his 3P shot from horrendous to decent in last three years. But his biggest trait is his tremendous energy.

He gave Harden a run for his money in World Cup quarterfinals last year when he was covering him (4/14 FG, 2/12 3P). Granted it's only one game, but he showed his defensive prowess over multiple games on international stage.

I'd compare him to Corey Brewer type of player. His niche is energy guy from the bench, kind of like Birdman from two years ago for Miami.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

One game blahblahblah wait and see...

12 points, 1 assist
    Heat blown out
    Apparently was playing some small forward
    Wants his own team
    Wants max money

Good luck teams! :p

Again, one game and losing Bosh hurts them. But they were also 22-30, not great.

#113 J.R., Feb 22, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
  14. Classic

Classic Member

^^^sounds like he drinks soy milk

15. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

I'm not sure if I embeded the video correctly...if I didn't, can someone do it for me please? It's here. Thanks!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bgADL_LLFII" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Granted it was against Philadelphia, but they play decent defense (13th in the laegue if I'm correct).

16. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

MCW was a big part of their D. He's ranked #3 for PGs in DRPM(defensive real +/-). Replace MCW with Canaan, Ish Smith and all the new players and you get bad D.

Pre All-Star game
    DefRtg of 101.8 ranked #12 for 53 games.
    Post All-Star
    DefRtg of 102.3 ranked #13 for 56 games.
    3 games post All-Star(IND,ORL,MIA)
    DefRtg of 111.6 ranked #29

17. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

You all want to forget how well he played for us when he was here, He's a very good PG, guys. Perhaps not a max player, but very good #2 option to play alongside a star. He proved he can play also under playoff pressure.

Anyway he's gone. We just need to look for a good solid PG to pair up with Harden.

18. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

Watching Goran Dragic as the primary ball handler again... he is just everything you want in a PG.

Creates by penetrating when the offense isn't moving, can score at a high percentage, and most importantly makes smart decisions with the ball every time.

(watch the Spurs do everything they can to get this guy)

19. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

As a die hard Rockets fan I wouldn't want this.

But as a fan of basketball.. I salivate at him on the Spurs. (under Pop's tutelage of course)

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Well, he was drafted by the Spurs