1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Goran Dragic traded to Miami Heat

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Funny how Miami Heat fan praise Pat "Godfather" Riley for the move, when Goran basically did 90% of work for them by including them on a very short list and coming out publicly on resigning.
    Of course Riley did have very little competition in NY and LAL who are depleted of assets. If Gogi's list included either Houston or Sacramento, he surely would not ended up in Miami.

2. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

[​IMG]

3. hooroo

hooroo Member

Codman's info on the matter

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=9567438&postcount=33674
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=9567620&postcount=33711

4. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Noooooooooooooo
    Too much

The Heat are going to regret it. Maybe not this year if they get hot but they will have no draft picks, no flexibility and they will get really old really fast. (And Dragic has them over a barrel)

I think it was Duane Thomas when asked at the Super Bowl about how he felt playing in the 'Ultimate Game" said, "if this is the ultimate game, then why are they playing it again next year?" In NBA basketball when you go all in on older players and lose your flexibility, you can spend a decade as a stagnant loser. It's like selling your soul to the devil for one night of hookers and coke.

///shudder

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Suns president Lon Babby took offense to Goran Dragic's comments about not trusting the front office. &quot;Unfair and unwarranted aspersions.&quot;</p>&mdash; Paul Coro (@paulcoro) <a href="https://twitter.com/paulcoro/status/568819951349469184">February 20, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Suns president Lon Babby, referring to moves to add Bledsoe and Thomas: &quot;If some of those moves ruffle Goran's feathers, so be it.&quot;</p>&mdash; Paul Coro (@paulcoro) <a href="https://twitter.com/paulcoro/status/568820589596696576">February 20, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Suns GM Ryan McDonough: &quot;Sometimes, players gets a little selfish and are more worried about I, me and my than us, our and we.&quot;</p>&mdash; Paul Coro (@paulcoro) <a href="https://twitter.com/paulcoro/status/568821244507918336">February 20, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>On the idea that PHX traded its best player (Dragic), McDonough said, &quot;Eric Bledsoe and Markieff Morris are still in Phoenix Suns uniforms.&quot;</p>&mdash; Paul Coro (@paulcoro) <a href="https://twitter.com/paulcoro/status/568825952991637504">February 20, 2015</a></blockquote>

#65 J.R., Feb 20, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
  6. XxTCNxX

XxTCNxX Member

If Suns FO is going to be as pathetic as him why not just trade him to the 6ers lol

7. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Their chances of rebuilding through the draft are minimal, as long as Wade / Bosh are still somewhat good. And Dragic is about as good as they could hope for in the free agency. It's unthinkable that a true superstar will go there in the next 5 years.

I like it. <3 Riley

8. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Hmm... 2021 unprotected 1st? That sounds very... unusual.

I'll wait until there's a better source than realGM.

9. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

This GM sounds like a disgruntled forum poster.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

How about the AP?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Heat first-round pick to Suns is top-seven protected in 2017 and 2018, unprotected in 2019. The other first-rounder is unprotected in 2021.</p>&mdash; Tim Reynolds (@ByTimReynolds) <a href="https://twitter.com/ByTimReynolds/status/568583844800163841">February 20, 2015</a></blockquote>

11. treyk3

treyk3 Member

eh, Bledsoe is the better player to have over Dragic. He's younger and has better vision. Goran as much as I liked him before a lot had to do with spurned ex syndrome and my affinity for lefties. He clearly thinks he is better than he is. He pulled a Chandler Parsons on the Suns and honestly he went from my favorite ex Rocket tied with Lowry to my least favorite ex Rocket tied with CP25 after the stunt he just pulled. completely unfair to blast your team like that.

12. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

I fully doubt that Dragic can come close to 3rd team all-NBA level of play again. This is too much grandstanding by a non-star player. Even more amazing is that it was accommodated by Phoenix

Edit: too much grandstanding by his agent it seems

13. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

I don't know who's Tim Reynolds.

Either way, if they did give up a 2021 unprotected, then I change my mind about this deal, I don't like it. Too risky.

It's been half a year since I looked at Miami's finances, but as far as I remember, they had flexibility for this summer. Deng is likely to opt out, Wade might have an option too. Free agency would've been less of a gamble than unprotected picks so far away.

14. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Riley probably won't even be with the organization that far down the line ( think he goes when Wade goes), so he is willing to sacrifice a bit later to make an attempt now. Dragic thinks he's Steph Curry, when in reality he's closer to Del but maybe Riley sees it through the Eyes of the Dragon.

15. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

It doesn't matter, the GM is a grown man and the official face of an organization and he should stay above pettiness.

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The Suns are ****ing idiots for publicly going after Goran Dragic.

It doesn't matter who is right or wrong in that relationship, publicly blasting a player that way just makes the team look petty and entitled and makes future free agents not want to sign with them.

So, a player should be blamed for telling you that he's going to exercise a contract right and look out for his best interest rather than Robert Sarver's or blasted through the media for having career aspirations?

17. dwnkst72

dwnkst72 Member

sports is the only place where people side with management over laborers

18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i'm wondering if dragic will even honor his commitment to re-up with MIA this summer now that bosh's career is in question. just imagine how things might have turned out had bosh visited the hospital even 12 hours earlier..

19. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

Do doubt, but guys in power always try to spin the narrative of negative public opinion.

20. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Is his career in question? I though just this season. Has there been bad news about the situation?

As to Dragic, I doubt it will matter. He's not LeBron or Durant who's chasing GOATs. For typical all star or borderline all star, Miami is an awesome situation. He'll get featured, make a ton of money, no state tax, sun, ocean, big city, weak conference, easier road to all star games.

1 person likes this.