1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Goran Dragic Mix

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Aussie_Fozzey, Feb 26, 2011.

1. kawaiitokowaii

dragic is an actual point guards over 6ft
    hes been nash's understudy, nash believes in him.

his downside is his confidence. i hope having people like chuck on the team helps him with, i wish he had battier but oh well.

as a point guard
    dragic > brooks

i am sorry but people on this board need to stop calling a point guard. he got 20pts a game not 10 assists. i rather have my point guard get 10 assists. a good point guard can make an average team amazing (chicago) dragic is no drose but at the point guard position a lot better than brooks

2. rocketsmetalspd

I can't wait to see him play tonight. I am sure playing with Nash has taught him how to play the pg position.

3. Ben Frank

Ben Frank Member

I'm not a Rocket Scientist.. but this guy's potential is looking a lot higher than Brooks!! If he plays with confidence, and continue to improve, and adjust to the nba style of play.. his potential is looking better than Lowry's..

I remember this guy goin off this past summer @ the worlds, could be a diamond in the ruff.. and i love a pg, that's 6'3, plays defense, find the open man, make open shots, and finish fast breaks with a dunk.. not to mention his handle's are Manu like..

I can see this guy startin in a couple years if Lowry keeps improving his stock.. he should be fun to watch

4. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Enter the Dragon

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Z3rEv8HE--Y?hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

YES! and he is a good backup PG. Might even be a starter soon. The guys got talent.

6. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

It looks like he gets very down and upset at himself when he struggles on the court...much like Hayes. It's up to Lowry to be a true leader. Hopefully he accepts the new guys and is not bitter towards Dragic. If Dragic all of a sudden gets how to play consistently in the NBA, Lowry's starting spot becomes another controversy

7. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I'm sure the Phoenix board is looking at Brooks's highlights and thinking they gotta steal too. Wait & see. ;)

8. mig0s

mig0s Member

Anyone else noticed that Dragic looks on the floor head down most of the time during fast breaks?

9. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Looked good. However, I didn't see any evidence of his passing.

10. thejav

thejav Member

11. infinitidoug

infinitidoug Member

The Shake?!

I see that he likes to use the Dream Shake every so-often. Niiiice :grin:

12. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Wait and see? He is much better than Brooks. Brooks is a better scorer but Goran is a better all around player. He can actually finish around the rim but better than Brooks and a much better distributer.

13. EffTheJazz!!!

EffTheJazz!!! Member

True PG vision.. and he's a beast on 2k11.. my SG got traded to the Rockets and AB never sets up the offense! He always jacks it up or takes it himself.. then I got traded to the Suns and when Dragic is subbed in he always drives and dishes it to everyone.. my guy averages 21ppg and is now a candidate to Rookie of the Year.. :grin: Thank you Dragon

14. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

15. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Not the typical dream shake per se, but similar to the move Hakeem pulled on David Robinson. And he does the same thing around 2:00 in. He's obviously an Olajuwon fan.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jc02Z4-0wDM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. Landry92

Landry92 Member

He looks like drazen Petrovic

Hopefully he doesnt get the same treatment from adelman

17. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

Someone described him as a raw Euro version of Jason Kidd with his flashy passing and consequently high TOs. I remember a young Steve Nash was mentored by Kidd back in Phoenix before being traded to the Mavs where he came into his own. After Nash went back to Phoenix, he mentored a young Jason Kidd-like player. Let's hope that Dragic comes into his own with the Rox after learning from the master.

He's certainly shown flashes of brilliance. The challenge is then to learn to be consistent.

18. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Agreed. The Dragon is a better overall bb player. The guy can do almost anything on the court, whereas Brooks strength (some will say the only strength is his shooting). I was very pleased when I heard with got him from Phoenix.

There is a bit of Manu in Goran.

19. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

his passing is about the same level as Brooks', but he doesn't pound the ball nearly as much. I also like the fact that he's 6'4 and strong.

20. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

I really like this trade AB was an under sized ballhog that said im still sad we traded him but thats only because you get attached to players after seeing them for along time, its time for a change hopefully thabeet and hill explode on teams with the point guards that we have on this team now Lowy, Dragic, T-Will this is gona get exciting!:) .