1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Goran Dragic: Highly Frustrated with Team

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Feb 11, 2013.

1. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Why is everyone on Dragic about the player option? Players need to take care of themselves first. Expecting him to take a paycut after paying him below market value for a year and a half is ridiculous. Loyalty is nice, but we already tried to trade him at the beginning of last season and only offered a three year contract. Clearly we weren't that committed. He went to a team that wanted him more. Thanks for the hard play and good memories. No hard feelings.

1 person likes this.
  2. roxxy

roxxy Member

People calling Goran greedy are hypocrites. If you had a chance for more money you would take it. Everybody would want that security. I have no issue w/ players chosing money over loyalty, if I was in there shoes I would do the same.

3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't think he is "greedy" in the sense of being unreasonable. But then he made the choice and that's the consequence he is reaping. That's why he doesn't get any sympathy. It's not like he got traded or drafted against his will to an NBA hell like Charlotte or something.

4. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

No one should any loyalty to the rockets. They are all just assets to Morey.

5. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

6. nbalopez23

nbalopez23 Member

If the Rockets gave me 1mil 1yr to play for them and if the Suns gave me 4mil (2years) to play for them. IM PLAYING FOR THE ROCKETS

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

He knew full well that crappy orgs give out player options because they're suckers' bets, he opted to go to crappy organization to get one, now he's upset and frustrated that he's in a crappy org.

Caveat emptor Gor-brah.

8. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Why bring up loyalty?

We traded him to the Hornets before Stern stepped in.

9. nbalopez23

nbalopez23 Member

So what you are saying is that Texans weren't committed to Andre Johnson for staying here for less money? :eek:

10. lookabove

lookabove Contributing Member

You be the most hated player in Rocket history. If think Skip 2 my Lou had it bad, CF would destroy you.

11. Fighton

Fighton Member

horrible decision. absolutely horrible.

he could've been dantoni's #1 pg for a stretch there before nash came back, playing in a pg friendly system in LA.

even discounting all that (brown getting fired, signing howard, etc)... still a bad decision to leave the lakers for bobcat. who knew what he was thinking...

12. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

Spoiled playing in Houston

13. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Absolutely love it as a fan and a team owner/manager. If I'm the player it doesn't make too much sense though. It worked for Flacco because he's a better player relatively speaking than Dragic is, and felt he was being lowballed a bit. Dragic was the opposite - he was being paid, like Lin, based on a very small sample size, and was overpaid imo, with the player option.

Theoretically doesn't matter, though. The Rockets could offer me the same money with a team option every year. It wouldn't mean I'd be getting paid what they offer.

Moreover, a lot of the point of the team option was to give DM flexibility beyond just how Dragic performed. The team option would have made Dragic an excellent trade piece, whether he overperformed or underperformed, down the road. Not exactly a positive as a player though.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Lin for Dragic and a Lakers first rounder:cool:

15. hooroo

hooroo Member

Realgm board also known as the source of Bleacher Report writers.

16. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Well he was there when they weren't crappy, so he probably didn't realize how bad they've become.

17. boiler

boiler Member

Are you suggesting Goran's made them crappy? :)

18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Gogi, Gogi, Gone!!!

19. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

Gogi showed no loyalty to the team that made it possible for him to get that large contract, and we lost Lowry because of him too

20. Nook

Nook Member

This....

No one begrudges Gogi's right to sign with any team he wants. Indeed, I never blame a player for makes the most money possible.... however, everything comes at a cost.