1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Goran Dragic: Highly Frustrated with Team

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Feb 11, 2013.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Time to exercise that PLAYER OPTION brah.

Screw that guy.

2. clubberclyde

clubberclyde Member

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Low balled him? We matched the contract the Suns offered but HE chose to take the player option. A player option he won't even need since his team is now the New Wizards

4. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

We didn't match the contract. They offered 4 years and we offered 3. That is not matching.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

We offered 4 years as well. The last being a team option.

6. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

That's four years for the team not the player. He has no real control on whether or not he gets that 4th year. A team option is barely of any benefit to a player and can even turn in to a negative.

7. apollo33

apollo33 Member

As much I liked Dragic out of all three, thinking about it now, it was probably smart not to offer that player option 4th year.

8. lookabove

lookabove Contributing Member

Career ending injuries could happen anytime so smart take guarantee money now. For Goran additional 7.5 mil is still a big chunk of money.

9. Postcall

Postcall Member

:rolleyes:

10. Anxiety Trooper

Imagine the irony if Dragic declines the player option and signs with the rockets replacing lin:eek:

This board will explode

11. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I miss Dragic. Super exciting to watch.

12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

he really poured his heart out there on the court day in and day out

will always be a rocket to me

13. Postcall

Postcall Member

So watch the Suns as well they could use the viewership. So Dragic is frustrated and his team is frustrated that he is not Nash. In the end he got his money and player option. He wont want to go anywhere and risk that option. You cant have your cake and eat it to. Again Dragic made thee same decision I would have.

14. lookabove

lookabove Contributing Member

Why you being so stubborn? One has 7.5 mil more guarantee money one doesn't. For someone who sign his first big contract this is a big deal. Actually I pretty sure you can't a find scenario where a young player signing his first big contract every took a smaller deal to stay with his former team.

15. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Assuming Lin doesnt pan out, that would be great. But I have a feeling Lin is here to stay unless we are going after a superstar PG or a another superstar

16. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Goran "highly frustrated with team"? That bed of money he sleeps on should serve to relieve some of that frustration.

17. Anxiety Trooper

In my rocket fandom... He was one of my favorite players...

First it was Hakeem
    Then it became Francis
    Next came Yao
    And Goran came out of nowhere to become my rocket favorite.

18. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I don't think the Suns expected him to be Nash. But he is being more than serviceable right now. Definitely above average. Not as good as his best stretches as a Rocket last year, and shooting %s are down, but then consider how horrible that team is otherwise. His per minute stats are as good or better than they were last year, and I am one who definitely believes he'd be playing better (meaningfully?) if he was on this current Rockets squad.

That said, I can't fault him for taking the player option. Any logical person in his position would do the same. And I can't fault him for nonetheless complaining about the crappyness of the team. They suck, and its not like his contract is hampering them financially at the moment.

If he didn't have that player option I'd definitely want him and expect DM would be open to it as well. Not going to happen for business reasons, but if you could move Lin+ for another position of need, trade some youngs + future draft picks for Dragic if you have Dragic agree to decline his player option already, I think it makes the team better.

19. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Let's make a note of this type of post that degrades the quality of discussion. I was simply pointing out that Dragic was immensely fun to watch.

20. Anxiety Trooper

Lin will be an UFA that same offseason.