1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Goran Dragic: Highly Frustrated with Team

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Feb 11, 2013.

1. pnr

pnr Member

"Opposing PGs have lit up Dragic this season. He's among the worst defenders at the PG position in this league, yes even worse than Steve Nash."

From Suns Realgm board. I thought he was a good defender last year?

2. ahhh

ahhh Member

Wow how the tables have turned.

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Internet fan opinion. Dragic's d was fine last season. This yr the Suns are just a crap team so nobody looks good. They rank 27th on offense and 24th on D. Just bad all the way around.

4. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Gogi, you mad?

5. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

were Lin PG of this team they would have a much better record....its all about intangibles...you cant measure player by statistics alone...

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You made your bed. Enjoy that player option

7. BeardsOnParade

the one that he's gonna opt out of anyways haha

8. BeardsOnParade

Ohh gogi, i loved you so much, but you did this to yourself. I remember when Linsanity was going on and Gogi was on his tear as the new starting PG at the same time. He was putting up around the same numbers as Lin during that stretch and got zero national attention for it.

9. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Have fun in the Sun!!!

10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Shut your face plz this isn't the garm

11. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

Wheres the morey picture

12. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Sounds like Gogi hates tanking, but I don't feel sorry for him at all. It was his choice so he has to deal with the consequences.

13. holly1985

holly1985 Member

Damn, you sure know how to get more haters for JLin. Nice job bro. :eek:

14. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Seriously, how much better is Dragic than Lin? Honestly. Lin almost putting up the same stats and he's got a ball-dominant SG. Dragic has to run the show, and he sure as hell isn't putting up the stats many (including myself) thought he could. Everyone is hating on Lin for his 3s. Well, Dragic is shootinh an even lesser percent, albeit a small difference, the point is that he is shooting around Lin. Lin however, has more potential and is 2years younger.

Lin>Dragic.

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

He may or may not be "better" than Lin, but the idea is that he is a much better fit beside Harden. Dragic can play off the ball as well as any PG in the league. Last year we often went with a Lowry-Dragic backcourt and it worked really well.

With that said, Dragic has been less than I (and probably many others) have anticipated this year. And now, with that contract and after this disappointing season, he has become far less intriguing.

16. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

What, Lin can't develop into that kind of player? Lin is basically still a rookie. He's already showing signs of improvement with Harden. He's younger, and the biggest plus about Lin - he doesn't seem like the kind of guy who will ask for a lot of money if we keep him and develop him. Lin has huge potential. Dragic has reached his peak.

17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Calm down. I wasn't hating on Lin. Hell, I didn't even say anything negative about him. I said Dragic and Lin play different styles, and that Dragic's style compliments Harden better. I don't see how this is a controversial statement*.

Could Lin develop an off-the-ball game like the one Dragic showed last year? Yes, he could. But Dragic already had it, so that's why it is OK - and not in any way a slight to Lin - to point out that Dragic would be a better fit.

*Edited

#77 Haymitch, Feb 12, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  18. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

dafuq? C'mon man. FOH with that fairy-tale wonderland garbage. He'll ask for what he deserves, just like every other young professional athlete. Whether that's a lot of money or not depends on how he plays, not 'the kind of guy' he is.

19. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

We lowballed him. I'm still depressed over that decision.

Seriously, f Les

20. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Guessing he is not motivated in PHX.