1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Goran Dragic: Highly Frustrated with Team

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Feb 11, 2013.

1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Don't care. He had his chance.

2. Karolik

Karolik Member

Nah, I think the mavericks would've offered him as well, just not as much $$.

3. Nook

Nook Member

This pretty much sums it up. Dragic could be running with Harden and Parsons but he wanted the extra year. I wonder if it was worth it.

4. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

You're damn straight it was worth it! Dragic was making Dynex money in Houston. Now, he's making SAMSUNG money!!! :grin:

5. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

He could've made Samsung money here as well.

6. Sen89

Sen89 Member

*EDIT

"He gets to play with his good gay friend."

7. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Anyone remember this?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AaP674BgAvc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. nbalopez23

nbalopez23 Member

To bad Dragic your greedy ass left us. We would not welcome you back

9. holly1985

holly1985 Member

How about sessions? Backup in Bobcats vs Backup in Lakers? Was it a bad decision for him to opt out?

10. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Seriously? He is better than Douglas.

11. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

It's too bad. Gogi would fit great with Harden. That stretch of games last year with Gogi starting was one of the most entertaining stretches of Rockets ball I'd seen in many many years.

12. nbalopez23

nbalopez23 Member

She's Asian her new favorite player is Lin now!! She is currently making a song for Lin :grin:

13. Hui

Hui Member

Dragic and Lowry were too competitive both wanted to be starting PG. Both were frustrated. We traded Lowry then gave Dragic a chance but he left us. He had his options but the Suns is where he wanted to be.

14. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

A lot of teams didn't offer Lin anything because Knicks GM said they would match anything up to "a billion dollars." I'm sure if Morey didnt put out the poison pill contract, Lin would have been picked up in FA. There were several teams that were willing to take Lin in, albeit not for the amount Morey did. Before the season started the Suns did look decent on paper if you really look at the roster...

15. ihatekobe

ihatekobe Member

Haha I hope that traitor is stuck on that ****ty team the rest of his career.

Gogi you could have been playing with Harden but no you chose Scola. haha

16. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Lowry was traded because of his attitude toward McHale. I'm not really sure if Goran had anything to do with that at all. We took what we could, and before Harden really anyone was up for grabs. I don't think Goran really wanted to go to Phoenix much like I don't think Jeremy Lin wanted to come to Houston. Both guys looked for deals with teams that could offer them, but in the back of their minds thought the other team would ultimately be where they would end up. I think part of why Lin had such a hard time bouncing back this season (beyond Harden and being on a new team) is because he really didn't see himself coming here. I could very easily see it being the same for Gogi. Did he really want to choose between two teams who traded him (us and Phoenix)? Probably not. Now he's stuck. There is zero incentive for Phoenix to trade him, his team will not get any better under Sarver, and I really doubt Phoenix is going to improve via the draft seeing as how they like to trade away future all-stars for cash and second rounders. Gogi is stuck.

17. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

His fault for being greedy.

18. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

Sun I am dissapoint

1 person likes this.
  19. rocketier1

rocketier1 Member

20. vlee

vlee Member

Yeah, the Mavs and Raptors both called Lin before the Rockets did. So, he still would've had other offers.