1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Goran Dragic: Highly Frustrated with Team

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

We don't need Dragicja Gorana when we have Linja Jeremya.

1 person likes this.
  2. rocketblood713

thats what he gets for being greedy

3. rocketblood713

but if wants to come back im good with that lol

4. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Nah, I don't think so; I just ran it through Google translate which is why it's all funny sounding. :grin:

But yeah, Dragic must be regretting that decision...I'm personally happy with the way things worked out for the Rockets though. Lin has grown on me and I'm pretty confident now that he'll end up being the better player.

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

definitely in a better place. BC is an idiot but the Raptors ownership seems to be decent. Sarver oth is a POS who kept selling picks and milking the org for everythign he could.

6. thedude077

thedude077 Member

THIS!

7. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

The Raptors ownership have deep pockets and they're in the East.

The acquisition of Gay means that with some fine-tuning they could easily be seeded in the play-offs and make noise. The East is piss weak so Lowry should have a bright future in the NBA JV Conference.

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ong-running-demise-of-the-phoenix-suns/page/2

2004 - Team purchased by Robert Sarver. Sold Loul Deng for Jackson Vroman (played 10 games) and 2005 pick
    2005 - Sold Nate Robinson, Quentin Richardson and Marcin Gortat for Kurt Thomas and Cash
    2006 - Sold Sergio Rodriguez and Rajon Rondo for 2007 pick and Cash
    2007 - Sold Rudy Fernandez and James Jones for Cash. Sold Kurt Thomas, Quincy Pondexter, and Serge Ibaka for 2009 2nd round pick (later sold to Cleveland) and Cash
    2008 - Traded Shawn Marion and Marcus Banks for Shaq. D'antoni replaced with Terry Porter then Alvin Gentry
    2010 - Let Stoudemire go and replaced with role players (Hakim Warrick, Josh Childress and Hedo Turkoglu) after forgetting how to negotiate a trade exception
    2011 - Traded Goran Dragic and a 1st round pick for half a season of Aaron Brooks
    2012 - Start of the worst Suns team in franchise history

9. holly1985

holly1985 Member

Good for him. He played hard and helped us get Harden.

10. dmoneybangbang

That's pretty cold and petty. No one saw us getting Harden over the summer. This team was clearly going to be a crappy team that had no immediate future once our 2011-2012 season ended. He took a pretty good risk at the time but it did back fire on him. I'm not sure why people seem to be happy he is regretting this.

11. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I lol'd.

If Dragic hadn't insisted on that player option, then we wouldn't have been chasing Lin.

12. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Cuz he left our team for a weaker team for less money. It's all good, though. It must be frustrating playing with people who don't give it their all. Our team gives it their all top to bottom and we believe!

13. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Because he turned his back on an organisation that was in good position to make some moves going forward, and had been good to him [even gave his crappy bro a summer league stint].

He did this for the glory of a 4th year player option [which only crappy franchises give out to non elite talent]. I'd say he made his bed by deciding to sign long term with a crap team.

Why shouldn't we be happy that it backfired on him? He spurned us?

14. holly1985

holly1985 Member

Morey actually did Lin a favor. That's the only offer Lin got. Without any offer, Lin would have to split money with felton/novak. Didn't NY use the same strategy to lowball david lee?

15. rockettes

rockettes Rookie

shouldn't have asked for that 4th year player option
    enjoy phoenix

16. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I actually like Beverley. For minimum dollars, I think he will end up as a great value for us.

17. Arthurprescott2

Poor Dragic - having Beasley in the locker room must be the worst, though I bet he supplies good brownies.

18. Anxiety Trooper

Agree 100%

Having said that.... Lin for Dragic... Morey get'er done:grin:

19. roxxy

roxxy Member

This would never happen. Goran wants to be a starter & Lin wants to start as well. I am happy it never came to this, this would be asking for to much trouble. It is never a good thing to have to starting quality PG's on a team even though fans like to think otherwise. Just look at the situation with Lowry & Jose Calderon in Toronto or Lowry & Dragic in Houston. Lowry was never happy coming off the bench & it affected the locker room both in Houston & Toronto.

I think Gortat & Goran have problems with one another. Marcin before expressed frustration about Dragic & the way this article is written it sounds like Gortat was surprised/displeased by Dragics comments.A few Suns fans have complained about Goran saying that he doesn't move the ball well & doesn't make others better. But that roster is really weak though.

I wouldn't be surprised if he regrets leaving Houston, he could have been playing next to Harden.

20. ahhh

ahhh Member

Me too. There's a reason why Morey was willing to give him 4 years, although non-guaranteed. Still needs to work on his defensive rotations, and I think GARM jinxed him with the 100% shootings, dude hasn't made a shot since, wasted some valuable possession for us last game.