1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

GOP Lawmaker; Trump's Conduct Impeachable

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, May 18, 2019.

1. biff17

biff17 Member

Would you answer my original question and tell me what would be actually accomplished?

Would he have any less power of be less likely to stop anything he is doing?

I am being serious how would impeachment change anything?

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

3. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Obama at the beginning of his first term, W Bush also.

4. biff17

biff17 Member

5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

New twitter thread from republican congressman Justin Amash:

quikkag, biff17 and conquistador#11 like this.
  6. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

I agree, I do not see the point of impeachment. The reason for impeachment is because the president have done something wrong, you impeach him and put him on trial in the senate, you should have a reasonable probability of conviction before you proceed. If you have virtually zero chance of conviction, what is the point of impeachment? We all(minus those "I did not vote for Trump, but") know Trump is an unstable incompetent cry baby that ignores the rule of law, we do not need an impeachment to tell us that.

biff17 likes this.
  7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I thought @RayRay10 already gave you a succinct answer -- you impeach because it's the right thing to do. It won't curtail Trump if the Senate won't do their part (well, it'll impact his reelection campaign, but it's anyone's guess whether it hurts or helps). If you don't like the 'do the right thing' argument, then I don't think there is any reason for you to support impeachment.

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

I want Trump out of the WH, if impeachment helps his reelection chances, then I say to hell with impeachment.

9. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dems have backed themselves into a perfect little Catch-22 corner on this one

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'd say Trump backed them into it.

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. conquistador#11

he must be an angry democrat.

12. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

John Hinderaker:

It looks like impeachment hysteria is here to stay, at least until November 2020. The Democrats didn’t get what they were hoping for from the Mueller report, so why are they persisting with pointless “investigations” and talk about impeachment?

Two reasons, I think. First, they have successfully used hatred of President Trump to keep their base stirred up. If they start treating Trump as a normal president, people might notice the booming economy and other accomplishments of his administration. They have no choice but to keep the hysteria dialed up to 11, regardless of how silly their theories are.

Second, they are worried about what the ongoing investigations of the FBI, the CIA and the origins of the Russia hoax will reveal. By last August, twenty-five FBI employees had been fired or resigned over the Russia fiasco and related matters. There is a reason for that. Multiple investigations are taking place, and I think the first one, by the DOJ’s Inspector General, will wrap up in the near future. More disclosures, and perhaps indictments, will follow over the next year. The Democrats, believing that the best defense is a good offense, are trying to fill the newspapers with allegations of Trump misdeeds so as to deflect attention from the real scandal.​

link

13. Major

Major Member

1. 6. Trump used his pardon power to influence his associates, including Paul Manafort and Michael Cohen, not to fully cooperate with the investigation.

46 replies1,033 retweets5,334 likes

Show this thread

2. [​IMG]Justin Amash‏Verified account @justinamash 3h3 hours ago
      5. Trump asked Corey Lewandowski, his former campaign manager, to tell AG Sessions to limit the special counsel’s investigation only to future election interference. Trump said Lewandowski should tell Sessions he was fired if he would not meet with him.

28 replies1,001 retweets5,258 likes

Show this thread

3. [​IMG]Justin Amash‏Verified account @justinamash 3h3 hours ago
      4. When that event was publicly reported, Trump asked that McGahn make a public statement and create a false internal record stating that Trump had not asked him to fire the special counsel, and suggested that McGahn would be fired if he did not comply.

32 replies1,041 retweets5,441 likes

Show this thread

4. [​IMG]Justin Amash‏Verified account @justinamash 3h3 hours ago
      3. Trump directed the White House counsel, Don McGahn, to have Special Counsel Mueller removed on the basis of pretextual conflicts of interest that Trump’s advisers had already told him were “ridiculous” and could not justify removing the special counsel.

32 replies1,040 retweets5,455 likes

Show this thread

5. [​IMG]Justin Amash‏Verified account @justinamash 3h3 hours ago
      2. After AG Sessions recused himself from the Russian investigation on the advice of DoJ ethics lawyers, Trump directly asked Sessions to reverse his recusal so that he could retain control over the investigation and help the president.

33 replies1,029 retweets5,429 likes

Show this thread

6. [​IMG]Justin Amash‏Verified account @justinamash 3h3 hours ago
      1. Trump asked the FBI director to stop investigating Michael Flynn, who had been his campaign adviser and national security adviser, and who had already committed a crime by lying to the FBI.

79 replies1,155 retweets5,760 likes

Show this thread

7. [​IMG]Justin Amash‏Verified account @justinamash 3h3 hours ago
      Some examples in Mueller’s report of the president’s obstructing and impeding the investigation include:

65 replies1,397 retweets5,708 likes

adoo, quikkag, CometsWin and 2 others like this.
  14. biff17

biff17 Member

The right thing to do?

i don't understand that reasoning,at the end of the day what have you accomplished?

impeachment won't impact elections because voters pretty much know what he is and have made their decisions IMO.

My question was what would be the accomplishment from impeachment of its just doing the right thing I don't think it's worth the time and effort especially if it's based on obstruction most voters don't care it's a sad fact but it is what it is.

If nothing changes from impeachment why bother, all of the energy should replacing him in 20/20.

Just my opinion.

15. biff17

biff17 Member

i don't really think it will help his reelection chances but if nothing comes out of it I think voters get discouraged and it will suppress turnout.

i think we are approaching investigation fatigue and I don't see impeachment swaying people one way or the other.

16. adoo

adoo Member

17. NewRoxFan

18. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

19. quikkag

quikkag Contributing Member

A quote from an attendee of Amash's town hall meeting:

"I was surprised to hear there was anything negative in the Mueller report about President Trump. I get most of my news from conservative outlets." -- Trump voter interviewed after the Amash town hall

Amiga likes this.
  20. NewRoxFan