1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

GOP Lawmaker; Trump's Conduct Impeachable

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, May 18, 2019.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

We needed another thread on all this

BruceAndre likes this.
  2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

“Those guys are LOSERS and lightweights!”

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Amash comes out with round two...

quikkag and foh like this.
  4. NewRoxFan

5. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

I agree with Amash, but it is useless unless you many GOP senators agree with this.

Actually from now on, impeachment should never be used unless you have both the house and senate votes.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

He's also a useless voice for this. Might as well be Jeff Flake saying it.

7. NewRoxFan

I think its important that more people speak out... Democrats, republicans, former congressmen, "never trumpers". May not matter right now, but may encourage others to speak out.

8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

@BruceAndre i hope you liked this post because you thought it was funny. And not because you thought I was serious.

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Not useless. He might not win out. But of course we're going to have abuses of power if members of the President's power base are individually too afraid to stick their necks out for what's right just because it looks like they don't have the numbers. If someone else has a twinge of conscience, maybe Amash puts him over. Of course, it might have been better for Amash to find a few allies so they could all come out together -- and the fact that he didn't might mean he doesn't have any allies.

10. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Impeachment shouldn’t be a political process; it should be done because it needs to be done and those in charge of the process should uphold the laws set forth.

Waiting until you have all your ducks in a row so that you can “win” is why we’re in the mess we’re in now.

SamFisher, B-Bob, mdrowe00 and 2 others like this.
  11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Number of GOP lawmakers who choose country over party: 1

quikkag likes this.
  12. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

If the President can do whatever he wants then we have a de facto dictatorship.

quikkag likes this.
  13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

This can be said about everything about our government

Sometimes laws dont get proposed for the same reason, no votes. Needing votes makes everything a political process. On impeachment in particular the reason its complicated is obviously the rules regarding prosecuting a president.

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

What? I thought you were serious. Need to add smiley faces or /sarc or something if you are not serious. :confused:

15. biff17

biff17 Member

So what would be accomplished by impeaching him?

16. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Following through and actually enforcing the checks and balances that are laid out in the constitution instead of just whining about him doing things that are impeachable.

Getting all the evidence out there in the public light, forcing each senator to put their name to a vote after all of that evidence, and then allowing the public to decide afterwards whether their Senator made the right choice or not.

Republicans impeached Clinton and lost. Didn’t really hurt them much as they are now seen as the party that “does things.” The backlash against Clinton probably somewhat helped Bush beat Gore in 2000 as well as helped Trump beat Hillary this past election. Considering how close both elections were, any little bit mattered a lot and could matter in the future.

And, if you don’t want to impeach, change the narrative and start reigning in your parties’ impeachment-hawks (look at the Republicans going after one of their own that breaks ranks). Tell the committees to stop making what amounts to a dog-and-pony show daily with the investigations into the Mueller Report. Move forward and start focusing on policy that will help you win like healthcare and a solution to the immigration crisis that isn’t a wall. Start solidifying your party and act like you have a plan to take back the country.

quikkag and BaselineFade like this.
  17. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that wouldn't be as much fun

18. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Country before party? Who was the last guy to do that?

19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Tge case was strong before regardless of the result.

But now, basic compliance with congressional subpoenas and separation of powers can now be added to the list.

Aka, following the law.

Trump is basically forcing his own impeachment.

Pelosi is now the only thing stopping him from being impeached.

He should be afraid...especially if the courts rule for him.

20. biff17

biff17 Member

Not trying to be an ass but none of that answered my question.

nothing will be accomplished by getting Senators name on a vote and especially if the Senate never had to vote, that is in the hands of McConnell if it reaches a vote..

Why do I need to unify anything?

I am not the one claiming something has to be done.

I am actually leaning to impeachment at this point but I keep coming back to the point of what does it really accomplish.

and nobody has come with a tangible answer.

Now I totally agree that Democrats need to be pushing policies instead of responding to Trump on a loop.

By the way what is your party?