1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

GOP: Female body has natural defense against pregnancy in case of legitimate rape

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Aug 19, 2012.

1. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

What are you anti?

2. Nook

Nook Member

Unnecessary restrictions on personal freedoms (gay marriage/poli-marriages)..

I am against the Patriot Act...

I am against the wealthy paying a lower tax rate....

I am against many of the public domain laws, etc....

Essentially I want the government to stay out of people's private lives. If a church wants to marry a poli family or a gay couple, they should be allowed to and be recognized by the state.

The government ideally would be afraid of us quite frankly.

3. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Abortions for some, mini-flags for all!

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos...

4. Prince

Prince Member

it's tough to understand if you failed your biology 101 class.

5. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

So, I take it, now you regret defending my position... :grin:

6. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

My, the republican apparatus is completely abandoning Mr Akin.

Rove's group is pulling $5 million dollars in dark ads, the RNC is pulling all funding.

But I have to say it's refreshing to see a republican have a momentary laps of sanity and speak the truth. This is why the national GOP is running from this guy. Hitting a little too close to home on how the republican party thinks on women’s issues.

So, we know that Ryan sponsored many of the same bills that Akin championed. If Akin is going to be run out of the election and abandoned by his party, what does that say about Ryan and the republican ticket? Ryan’s ideas about abortion and women’s issues are actually more extreme than Akin’s.

#86 mc mark, Aug 20, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  7. mc mark

"He should understand that his words with regards to rape are words that I can't defend, that we can't defend, and we can't defend him,"

Romney told WMUR.

Mr Romney, can you defend Mr Ryan of the same ideas?

8. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Obama's statements:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/20/obama-todd-akin-rape_n_1812140.html

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/08/todd-akin-im-not-quitting-ads.php?ref=fpa

Mr. Akin is launching web ads seeking donation to continue with the campaign. I wonder how many Democrats will donate just to keep the show going. :)

10. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm pleased that some Republicans are abandoning this joke. What he said was horrible, and betrays a poisoned mind. I wish every time GOP whack jobs did this kind of thing people would abandon them.

11. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Ryan believes a fetus is a living person, I didn't realize that was so extreme.

12. mc mark

Ryan believes rape sex is the best kind of legitimate sex.

13. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

If you are going to use "anti choice" as a to describe those who oppose abortion, it is only fair to refer to those who believe in abortion with no restrictions as anti life.

See how crazy it sounds. No less crazy than when you state anti choice as opposed to pro life.

14. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Wow. So now you thnk Paul Ryan advocates rape. You have completely lost it.

15. HI Mana

HI Mana Member

Looks like it's official; it's not just Akin, Ryan or even the House of Representatives, it's the entire GOP Party:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.co...nn-gop-prepares-tough-anti-abortion-platform/

16. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

While you are well-known for your severe partisanship, this is probably the most extreme absurdity I've ever seen you post.

17. mc mark

maybe I should have used a smiley?

No, that would be the senate candidate who is about to be kicked out of his party for his misogynist views. Views held by the majority of his party.

18. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

The Republican Party of 2012 would be wise to heed the words of Barry Goldwater, the father of modern conservatism.

"On religious issues there can be little or no compromise. There is no position on which people are so immovable as their religious beliefs. There is no more powerful ally one can claim in a debate than Jesus Christ, or God, or Allah, or whatever one calls this supreme being. But like any powerful weapon, the use of God's name on one's behalf should be used sparingly. The religious factions that are growing throughout our land are not using their religious clout with wisdom. They are trying to force government leaders into following their position 100 percent. If you disagree with these religious groups on a particular moral issue, they complain, they threaten you with a loss of money or votes or both.

I'm frankly sick and tired of the political preachers across this country telling me as a citizen that if I want to be a moral person, I must believe in "A," "B," "C" and "D." Just who do they think they are? And from where do they presume to claim the right to dictate their moral beliefs to me?
    And I am even more angry as a legislator who must endure the threats of every religious group who thinks it has some God-granted right to control my vote on every roll call in the Senate. I am warning them today: I will fight them every step of the way if they try to dictate their moral convictions to all Americans in the name of 'conservatism'."

Barry Goldwater, speech in the US Senate (16 September 1981)

19. Classic

Classic Member

Smart dude.

20. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

He may have been unelectable in 1964, but in 1981, he sure knew the ramifications of the GOP embracing the religious right. And it looks like the chickens are starting to come home to roost....