1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

GOP: Female body has natural defense against pregnancy in case of legitimate rape

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

To equate a fetus that is aborted to a Jew who was tortured in a concentration camp for no reason other than their religion is just wrong. It just isn't the same thing.

To compare those who support abortion rights to nazis is also wrong. Not to mention the fact that it chills the further communication of opinions and ideas. The idea behind a forum like this is to foster debate and the marketplace of ideas. To equate the who disagree with you to nazis is just counter to that goal.

2. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

The Nazi analogy is my counter-move. I don't go there right out of the bat and don't believe I went there until it came up in Napolitano's piece. The true comparison is to the thinking not to the victims.

And it's not that they disagree with me that makes them Nazis; it's what they would allow to be done to little children that someone no longer wants that makes them more akin to Nazis than they are probably comfortable with.

3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Whether it's your first move, or fifteenth move, it's not really appropriate to break out the Nazi comparison. That goes for people on both sides of the aisle.

4. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Reported for truth.

If one cannot see why breaking out the Nazi comparison is wrong, then one's moral compass is missing a magnet.

5. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

I just donated 25 bucks to Planned Parenthood under the name Giddyup@Clutchfans...I know it is what Giddy deep in his heart would want.

(Waits for Giddy to show off his "super powers")

And I'll donate another 2 bucks everytime he posts on this thread (up to like 40 bucks....) just so he can have the fun of helping his favorite cause.

1 person likes this.
  6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

your logic buddy. just showing you how ridiculous it is.

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

yup - a rarity for D&D huh?

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I don't think you know much about the Nazis based on your statements - which honestly just border on the luny more than anything else. I mean, it doesn't bother me if you call me a Nazi for disagreeing with you - I know who I am. I can only say I have lost any respect for your ability to think critically and your level of education. Apparently that does not bother you.

9. Nook

Nook Member

I just dropped $50 to planned parenthood. What a marvelous idea Major.

1 person likes this.
  10. giddyup

Where have I ever called you a Nazi for disagreeing with me? Exactly why did I make the Nazi reference? And you question my level of education and my ability to think critically....

Do I really need to go back and find all the references you made to the human conception certainly not being a human? That's but an idle threat, I think, because I don't want to take the time and you well know what I mean.

That's your "right" to think that but if you look at others who have trod down that same sort of path. It's not company you really want to keep. The Nazis called them untermenschen and the were blamed for the ills of Germany.

Of course the Nazis were more extreme...

11. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

"The Nazi analogy is my counter-move." This is one my favorite posts ever on the BBS, and it has rendered you, giddy, the Beverly Hills Ninja of D&D. Kind of lovable, but not much of a ninja.

(each of these is less than 10 seconds and has its own relevant features.)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GzRrHX9XfYs?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rC4umsJ3DkE?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

you just made another Nazi reference...and a ton of them before:

You are equivocating me to a Nazi. This is what Rush Limbaugh does. I mean really - you got to be joking. It's just laughable....simply because I don't buy into your religion I am just like the Nazis? No wonder this country is so divided. Fools like you are so absolute you think anyone not like yourself is the enemy.

The level of ignorance and brainwashing that has happened is going to do a lot of damage to our collective progeny's futures.

14. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

i believe that giddy is the looniest poster on clutchfans, and that's saying a lot.

15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Apparently Giddyup hasn't heard of Godwin's Law. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

Anyway as I've said before I can accept that we have philosophical difference regarding when life begins but I find it troubling that people like Giddyup won't do anything other than moralizing to try to prevent the root cause for abortion, unwanted pregnancy. If I recall right he said it was up to those responsible, the pregnant, women to deal with it and society shouldn't be helping. If we are going to accept Giddyup's Nazi analogy then doesn't that make him as bad as the Germans who while they didn't approve the of the Nazis did nothing while they carried out the Holocaust?

16. giddyup

AGAIN, where did I call you a Nazi for disagreeing with me? That's what you claimed:

I likened your thought processes to Nazi thought process that enabled them to justify murdering some six million Jews in the Holocaust. THey called the Jews sub-human and treated them inhumanely; you call the children in utero sub-human and kill them if someone just doesn't want to take responsibility for the child they've created.

So wanting to save children's lives is lunacy?

BTW, I thought you were going to try and school me on the Nazis? You said I didn't know anything about them... It's not company I would like to be lumped in with, so I understand your not liking the association....

17. giddyup

I'm well aware of that law. It's been bandied about here since the high days of Fashcroft, remember?

Who says I don't do anything more? Why would you say that and what makes you think that has any validity. Just because I choose to advance this fight when others won't....

I advocated all kinds of help but the parents who created the child need to do their share-- even if it just means giving up the child for adoption.

I get really tired of my arguments being slurred by pre-conception.

How in the world am I doing nothing? :rolleyes:

I work as a Teaching Assistant in a First Grade classroom in a middle-class part of town. I've become friends with a particular little girl in the room who sits near my desk. The other day we were doing a coloring/writing exercise to identify ourselves. Part of it was to draw a simple picture of our nuclear family.

Her eyes got big and she shot her arm up in the air with a question: "I've got seven sisters and brothers; do I have to draw them all?"

This is a wonderful little girl. How many others like her were just gotten rid of...

18. giddyup

My "logic" recognizes that we all draw arbitrary lines. You don't see your lines as arbitrary; remember, you are as sure as you are sure that the sun will come up tomorrow. You only see my lines as arbitrary. Now, tell us about ridiculous again....

Also, look up the definition for "equivocate."

19. Nook

Nook Member

Just dropped another $25 to Planned Parenthood in your username...

20. Nook

Nook Member

Ohh just caught this one... Another $25 to Planned Parenthood in your honor...