1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Google Tablet?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by YaosDirtyStache, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

Cool story, bro.

Thank you, Captain Obvious!

:rolleyes:

2. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Aren't you just feeling dandy today?

3. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

[​IMG]

You probably have never had heard of Doug Bernards of SoundMan Car Audio in Santa Clarita, California, but he now holds the title of being the first person to have installed an Apple iPad into the dashboard of a car.

It’s a cool custom mod that he performed in his Toyota Tacoma. In terms of the installation process, Bernards used not just the Apple tablet, but also an Audison Bit One Processor, an Onkyo ND-S1, and a McIntosh six channel amplifier MCC406M. The purpose of all of these devices was to improve on the sound quality, making it more suitable for a moving vehicle.

Read more about Apple iPad Installed In Car Dashboard by Coolest Gadget Reviews

4. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Fixed.

still, that's pretty cool.

5. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:( Causing accidents is more cool? :(

;) I know what you mean. Neat idea,but it's badly executed.

6. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

It is amazing to me that car head units are lagging 5 years behind technology (demand, I guess). I'd think there'd be huge money in an Apple, Google, etc powered car multimedia nav system with a mobile wireless plan.

Heck, a smartphone like Nexus One could even double as the cpu, just let the head unit be a GUI

7. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

My car still plays cassettes. Awwww yeaaaah!

8. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

I think the HP Slate is going to be a big failure. HP Slate need to have a cool and a proper touch-optimized UI because Windows 7 isn't that touch friendly and overloaded with totally uninteresting stuff to be running on a tablet. I have no interest in a Tablet that's running a full OS system since the Tablet at the moment aren't powerful enough.

If it does not have a smooth and cool looking touch UI. The hype for it is going to die pretty fast.

9. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Software is the key. Enough with all the cool specs but have a laggy customize OS running on it.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eIPjJElVx0U&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eIPjJElVx0U&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>