1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Google is celebrating BLACK SUPREMACY

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by jcee15, May 19, 2016.

Tags:
  1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Just curious... Have you ever chastised the premise of 'St. Patrick's day'?

2. jcee15

jcee15 Contributing Member

Give it up dude.
    Her bio is all i need to know about her.

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

There is no special exception, just context. The context for "Black Pride." is completely different from the context of "White Pride."

With "Black Pride" it was a response of about more than a century of lowering a specific group of people's self esteem.

With "White Pride" it was usually used in a show of power and superiority to other races.

At least we can agree on that.

The issue is this nation isn't ready to just eliminate social-racial definitions, and Jcee will show you why if you get him posting in a thread long enough he'll reveal to you that there are still extremely racist people around today.

4. jcee15

You r wranglin around quite a bit.
    So this was real........And it's google to boot.
    [​IMG]

5. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

I'm not in here to berate or celebrate any race or movement.

I'm just saying the double standards need to be dropped and treat everyone the same.

IMO, Nobody should get special treatment based on their color. The past is the past. We are all living in the now, and should be responsible for our position in life.

1 person likes this.
  6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yes, because that is the history of that term. Why are you surprised?

7. Falcons Talon

Singling out your race by color is a divisive move. Some people will see black/white/chicano/whatever-race-or-color in a positive context and some will see it in a negative context.

Celebrate people, not color.

Sadly, you are right. There are still racist people that hate others because the color of their skin.

8. fchowd0311

The only problem with your premise is that "the past" we are referring to happened less than one human lifespan ago and that "past" occurred for 400 years(300 years old slavery and 100 years of Black Codes/Jim Crow Laws). Your premise falls apart when we consider that 400 years of being putt down and the lack of education and opportunists to move out of poor ****ty neighborhoods actually affects the next generation. Poverty and a lack of education is more often than not inherited. So yes, I can make a strong case that a large portion of African American poverty TODAY is DIRECTLY caused by the previous 400 years of enslavement and OVERT racism.

Whatever ounce of rationality you might possess, use it and answer this question. Do you think 400 years of overt racism and slavery AND IT"S REPERCUSSIONS magically disappear within a span of ~50 years which is smaller than the average lifespan of a human? Answer it honestly. And then answer this question honestly. Do you believe those 400 years of trials and tribulations that African Americans faced has the same level of merit(none in your opinion) for 'Black pride' as whatever reasons jcee has for his 'White pride'?

#48 fchowd0311, May 19, 2016
    Last edited: May 19, 2016
  9. jcee15

Do you have to stretch before those mental gymnastics?
    Its a clear double-standard that you've let bypass your logic.

10. Falcons Talon

Let's not start getting condescending here.
    Nobody is suggesting making black slaves past magically dissappear, but for God's sake, leave it in the past and do something in the present. How many lifetimes do you suggest we wait before the excuses end and the healing begins?

11. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

Wait until a generation passes before federal redlining regulations screwed an entire race out of the greatest creation of middle-class wealth in human history. that oughta settle it.

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I am not saying this is you, so you can pretty much ignore the mini-rant that is below....

Usually most of the people that do not like Chicano Pride, Asian Pride, Black Pride are conservatives and the main people complaining about "PC Culture." why can't they just ignore it? It is sort of like the Beyonce thing and the SNL skit about it. "Not everything is for you." and that's what I feel this is about.

There are absolutely many black women for example that feel like their hair is ugly, their nose is too big, their skin is too dark. There are people that absolutely need to be reminded that they are beautiful, lovely, etc etc. Sounds cliche, I know but it's the truth. There are many black kids that feel they are dumb or lesser because of their skin color or how they look. That's where "Black Power" stems from and that's who it helps. When the day comes (in this instance) where the standard of beauty can be represented through woman of different ethnicity for example than maybe phrases like that can be dropped.

When people stop making implications that black people are dumber and are more aggressive than phrases like that can be dropped.

You have to realize that Jcee is one of those people? He said it in this thread he's racist. He's also argued that black people are dumber than white people and more aggressive because they have more testosterone.

13. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

for those of you people who like the free market and corporate power, I hope you enjoy entrenching Google's power to broadcast whatever the f**k they want at you lol.

y'all can always use DuckDuckGo tho. note

14. jcee15

Or startpage

15. Falcons Talon

30 years?

16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Except that people of certain colors of have been discriminated against, so celebrating the work, sacrifice, and additional hardships they've endured to overcome those discriminations and contribute to the culture of all colors does deserve some pointing out in recognition.

It's just too bad other people see that as slight.

17. fchowd0311

You really love strawmaning. No where did I state that we should ignore 'self responsibility'.

To outright state that the past has no bearing on the present is asinine and is what I maybe incorrectly assumed you are stating? I don't know? What exactly are you stating? Are you stating that the past has no bearing on the current predicament of the African American race? Because on that premise, I will argue against because it's stupid.

I disagree with this statement of yours the most:
    When the state is responsible for 400 years of overt racism and limiting opportunities of a specific race, yes I unquestionably believe that the state has a responsibility to correct those 400 years with some sort of reparations.

Also yes, there is more of a justification for 'black pride' than there is 'white pride' in a sense that 'black pride' reflects the struggles that black people in the States had to overcome relative to other races.

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I know you don't have a good grasp of history, science, and apparently the English dictionary (as you have been ignoring definitions) but come on...

White Pride isn't the same as Black Pride, the context of these terms and history of these terms is not the same. One was used offensively, to insult other races and one was used defensively to say despite what you think of me I'm fine with who I am.

Aren't you anti-PC culture any ways? Why do you give a flip about who says what and how they say it? You get your panties in a twist because some black people uses that word?

Just be honest, you know how and why that word is used and you just wish you could use it without getting the reaction you do...then you wonder why you don't have many friends?

19. jcee15

Alright but you can't use an equality card now. See how this will go in circles?

20. fchowd0311

Exactly. To sum it up.

"White pride" HISTORICALLY is from an 'offensive' stand point while "Black pride" is from a 'defensive' stand point. Black pride is a result of push back of a premise that has brewed for 400 years that black people are genetically inferior. It's a defensive push back.

Yes, rationally, that makes one form of 'pride' having greater justification.