1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Good Southern Food restaurants

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Roscoe Arbuckle, Aug 3, 2019.

1. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

2. CrazyJoeDavola

You may be thinking of Goodsons Cafe in Tomball.

SuraGotMadHops and BamBam like this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

[​IMG]

ROCKSS and VooDooPope like this.
  4. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Dang, we used to hit up Goodsons when I was in high school..............haven't been there in ages, I wonder if there still all that?

5. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This popped up on my youtube feed yesterday.

Wouldn't mind trying Sweet Potatos in Savanah, GA. Looks legit.

donkeypunch likes this.
  6. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Their chicken fried steak is still pretty great. Is it "Greatest in Texas" great like it used to be? I don't think so, but its still worth a stop by from time to time. I wouldn't make a special trip to Tomball anymore, but if you're in the area and need some grease and gravy, its good.

My Dad rememers eating there when it was in the small location that had just a few tables and they had like 4-5 things on the menu total. I think it was chicken fried steak, burgers, fried chicken and all the sides. He said it was unbelievable then, but its not quite the same anymore.

7. CrazyJoeDavola

Mel's in Tomball is excellent too. Their chicken fried steak is legendary. Burgers are nasty good.

8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Goodson's is known for their chicken fried steak. I really really need to stop there one day.