1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Good restaurants/bars to watch Rockets games...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RiceDaddy7, Mar 9, 2007.

1. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

A holier then thou panhandler...just what society needs...

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Yeah, trolling...yay! I'm sure Clutch appreciates the fact that you've effectively swayed one person to never contributing.

I don't think it would either. Of course, it's only two people's business when it comes to contributing. The contributor and the contributee. The latter at this time doesn't feel it's necessary in order to have access to this board. Why you feel it's any of your business is beyond me.

The only sore spot it is with me is that I don't feel like contributing more when I can't even access a part of the BBS I would like to. If I get that part back, I'd be happy to send a little more money Clutch's way. As far as the other poster you're referring to, but it's his business how he spends his money. Not yours, not mine. You could be talking about any person on this board criticizing how they spend money and I'd call you out on it, it doesn't matter if I know that person or not.

Once again, I'm sure Clutch thanks you for trying to bully someone into contributing, only to have the exact opposite reaction.

3. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

*ahem*

so uhh.. I just so happen to be at Hooters for the UFC fight last month. I don't think hooters is that bad of a place to watch games, except for the fact that the Rockets were playing (Toronto?) that night and was in a small tv somewhere in the corner.

One thing, there are too many kids there nowadays.. which I think is contributing to the fact that Hooters has ugly waitresses

4. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

I'll see about making it to Hooters tomorrow night. And yeah, they do have ugly waitresses.

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I've never been a fan of Hooters for watching games.

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Pappas Seafood on 59 just before Sharpstown Mall. Go over to the oyster bar. They are only $2.50/dozen during Rockets games. You can take your time and suck down 3-4 dozen for cheap.

7. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

I heard about that a few seasons back, not sure if they still had that offer

RiceDaddy7, you'll know where i'll be :)

8. YugoRocketsFan

Someone should buy a bar, and have a big Flat screen HDTV in there, and have it just for Rockets games , to go in you have to pay like 2 dollars, its where all rockets fans go together to chat, That would be way cool.

9. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

..and then they would go bankrupt :)

Btw, that Hooters comment I made earlier.. not really a good place to watch Rockets games when there are other sports happening simultaneously.

Also thanks for the Pappas Seafood, A3PO. Sounds like an awesome deal! I'll be sure to check that out soon.

10. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

Good thing you are hear to speak for Clutch and to save all of the oppressed non contributers, oh anointed one.

Why you feel it is your business to butt into every conversation that doesn't include you is beyond me. But just like it is my right to think some people are cheap asses, it's your right to be the resident self appointed mother hen. :rolleyes:

I found your halo. Go forth and be fishers of men oh ye of pure heart.
    [​IMG]

Clutch and RM95 BFF!!!
    [​IMG]

11. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

Dude, stop contaminating my thread. You're worse than a Jehovah Witness. Go home and pester your neighbors to donate.

12. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

BW3s is very cool. We were there last summer with RM95, MadMax, Miguel, RunninRaven, and saw Harrisment too. Also saw Mig, Dave2000 and Kam at the Rice one. It was was pretty surreal. :eek: :p

I know one thing...I'm going to be hitting up these wing places like crazy when I go to UH. I really liked the one on Westheimer, but it's kind of far. What I really love about these places is being near the action (on a BIG screen) and being near a bunch of people who are also passionate. Makes for an awesome time.

13. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Ok....back on topic.

I live in that same area RiceDaddy. BW3's is by far my favorite place to go catch a game around there. Especially if it's Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday.

Tuesday - 35 cent wings
    Wednesday - 50 cent legs and 1.50 logo glass refills
    Thursday - 50 cent boneless

Also, a new favorite of mine is this place called Cheers 2 U. It's located off of Westheimer, towards HWY 6. Cheap drinks and nice people, but they don't serve food if you are looking to eat. Here is more info on it: Link

14. Dave2000

wait till you hit the viewing parties, its like being at the game, sometimes the rowdies come out for those :)

15. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Check out Triple Crown Sports Bar. It's right next to Fry's Restaurant between Eldridge and Hwy 6. They just put in two 72" tvs along with a couple 50"ers as well. Cheap beer during Rockets games and you can order your food from Frys. Once you go in there a few times, they know you by name/beer and they'll keep your tab open without asking for a credit card. Everyday I go in there, my beer's waiting for me by the time I get to the bar.

If you're into Hold 'Em, they have free games Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Thursday.

16. okaylam

okaylam Contributing Member

Does anyone know a good place to watch rockets games close to 290/1960 area (northwest houston)?

17. surrender

surrender Member

BW3 on 249 and Greens, next to AMC Willowbrook
    SRO on 1960 and Cutten

18. Dave2000

hey rice just to let you know my coworker and I are hitting up Red Robin on Richmmond on the Beltway after we get out of work here at 9.

19. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Not one person has mentioned LIVE? I don't go often but when I do it's a good time.

20. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I'll mention it. I love Live.