1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Good luck with that Wendy Davis

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bobmarley, Oct 11, 2014.

1. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

Haha maybe a few nutjobs on here and pundits looking for something to talk about but most rational liberals knew she had absolutely no chance. This is Texas for crying out loud, its not exactly a liberal state.

2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Just want to make sure I'm clear. It's not ok to show an empty wheelchair in an ad...but it's ok to refer to the (now former) senator from Ft. Worth and gubernatorial candidate as a gold-digging w****?

Keeping it classy, as usual, tallanvor.

We're not surprised it didn't turn around. By all accounts, Battleground Texas was a miserable failure. There have to be better candidates out there. Davis wasn't it and many of us knew it from the beginning. Maybe one of or both of the Castro brothers could do better in the future.

3. Dark Rhino

Dark Rhino Contributing Member

Not a false statement (for those true believers that poured millions of dollars into her campaign). And in this case, I'd wager to say that most of the true believers were left of center.

No, I'm not a fan of hers. Cry a tear in your bear, gather yourself up and fight another day.

4. Dark Rhino

"Classy"? I've been around this board long enough to know that vitriol ebb and flow is seasonal - going both ways.

1 person likes this.
  5. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Why are you calling her a w****?

6. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

She's a politician, is she not? :grin:

7. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Her second husband emptied his 401k and took out a loan to pay for her college and Harvard law school education. She divorced him the day after he made the last payment. She is the exact definition of a gold-digging w****.

Also, the guy raised her kid (not his) while she was away in Boston at law school.

How any man can even think about voting for her is beyond me.

8. Dark Rhino

I'd wager very good money that if she were a Republican with those very same "credentials", the term w**** would be the least of the name calling - on this board at any rate. Yes, my opinion.

9. SexyButIgnorant

So everyone on Facebook is blowing up about how Abbotts election "genuinely" scares them for their children and education system. I'm a bit ignorant on the issues, so what exactly did he propose to do that was so terrible?

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I think the best thing to do is close your Facebook account.

11. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Were you in their house and privy to what their relationship was like?

He supported the $5.4 billion in cuts and continues, as the Attorney General, to fight against school districts for a more fair plan to finance education in this state. With a wife who is a new teacher, the combination of Abbott and Patrick scares the crap out of me.

12. tallanvor

Nope.

We will ignore the fact that she conveniently did it the day after he made the last payment.

He never hit her or abused her (at least not that she claims). If this guy had made these sacrifices for her, the least she could of done is try to make their relationship work.

13. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

$5.4 billion in education cuts

14. rudan

rudan Member

That's a good start. He should also propose some sort of credits for home school and private school kids. We also need property and sales tax cuts.

15. rudan

rudan Member

Word of advice, put all the dorks that talk politics on Facebook on ignore. Specially if they get scared so easily.

16. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

For a presidential election yeah, but not a midterm.

17. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Cutting education in Texas is a good start? Are you aware of how terrible education is in this state? A liberal state like California destroys Texas in higher education, for example. Texas continues to fall in education and income desparity, but more cuts is somehow a good thing. And you really think the Republicans are going to give credits for home schooling (only stay at home parents with money can really benefit from that anyway) and private schools? Please. Property taxes won't get cut, and if anything, we need a slightly higher sales tax to help pay for infrastructure.

18. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Purple, demographically. But, there's some distance between the demographics and who makes it into office. As Baumer said, I don't think many rational people thought Davis had any shot.

I find this last sentence very interesting. If her behavior with her ex-husband is a window into her character, why would only men find it relevant? Shouldn't women also see a moral failing and stay away?

19. tallanvor

very true.

20. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

And women did see it. Abbott beat Davis by 9 points among women.