1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Good luck with that Wendy Davis

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bobmarley, Oct 11, 2014.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

And I quoted it in that post? No? Did you not read your own quote in my post? And I essentially "liked" it by reposting it.

I'm confused.

I was making a point about your OP, since my opening response had nothing of your opinion to go by. Why make an OP then 20 minutes later post your opinion in another post. It's like a baiting technique of OPs.

Just have a take in the OP and don't suck. It's not that hard.

2. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

You literally posted the four worst threads in forum history not two weeks ago for the sole purpose of attention whoring, got defensive about it and then pathologically tried to change the subject to game tickets and your alma mater when posters engaged you. Now you're derailing an adult conversation to drop 20-year old talk radio references.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

pouhe hoo

stalk much?

I got defensive? Don't think so. I was stuck in Pittsburgh airport for 7 hours because a TSA idiot lit a radar station on fire. Was reading the D&D's "pathological" interest in threads with race in the title. I'm not the only who made a copy-cat race title thread to make a point. And I live in Boulder so give away my season tickets many, many times. What's up?

attention whoring in D&D? Is that possible?

your post has no take, and it sucks!

GO OWLS!

4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Yes and no. She had no chance. This didn't seal the deal because she already had no chance. Maybe it isn't worth her while to go there when she's not going to win anyway. Maybe, since she has to play till the end anyway, she should just be launching the 3-pointers to increase the volatility. I don't really see the point in castigating a politician for being a politician. It's especially ironic to have these moronic comments coming from Abbott's office about how they 'disqualify' her from higher office -- the voters decide who is qualified. I personally take more offense at Abbott's spokesperson telling me what's acceptable than anything Wendy Davis has done, and I don't even like Wendy Davis.

5. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

She should have chastised him at the debate for not standing up when a lady entered the room.

1 person likes this.
  6. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

This is the best post in this thread.

7. bobmarley

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/rtQ_LIJ1ly4?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Davis staffer drags disabled man across the stage.

#27 bobmarley, Oct 13, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
  8. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

the guy drove to River Oaks when he lived on the other side of town to go jogging in a neighborhood he did not live in during a Storm and sued and settled for a ridiculous amount of money then spends his career trying to cap lawsuits and push tort reform.

I am no democrat but it seems like a very legitimate ad and point.

9. bobmarley

Love the talking points. You should send your resume in to write for Susan Rice.

10. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He told the Davis staffers beforehand to do that.

The Abbot campaign's comments about Davis' supporters with disabilities is nothing short of disgusting.

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Just realized Greg Abbott was the guy who gave the commencement speech at my sister's college graduation back in 2005. The line in OP's article about the tree falling on him brought it back to me. He joked about it and I laughed. All around it was a pretty good speech as far as commencement speeches go IIRC.

12. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

You're pathetic brah.

13. rudan

rudan Member

All around awkward rally. It seems like she is getting even less support than all of the other failed democrat candidates of the last 20 years. I'm wondering if she is even going to get the token 40% vote they usually get. She is a joke, she will be a czar in the obama cabinet next year....

14. conquistador#11

speaking of ads,
    i saw the most disturbing thing today. it was "chasing abbott chulo". I felt like i was in the twilight zone watching a pro abbott ad with the most beautiful mexican novela actor of our generation, eduardo verastegui...no homo!
    wtf republicans? that's playing dirty,:p
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/41ofGTFIyio" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Jesus tried to kill Greg Abbott and missed.

Nerve struck.

16. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Really no need for that kind of sentiment.

17. bobmarley

Jesus is still willing to forgive him. He is there for you SamFisher. :grin: Love ya buddy.

18. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

I hope you are being facetious, but regardless, your post has been reported.

1 person likes this.
  19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Isn't having a tree branch fall on you an act of God?

20. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Yes it is.