1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Good Economic News

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rashmon, Feb 17, 2012.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Always strange watching Americans routing against America doing well.

2. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Obama did America good.

3. esteban

esteban Member

You meant "rooting" Mr Blade?

No I'm not doing that, I just know that mc mark will be devastated after the election. He had invested everything he has in Barry. In some ways I'd kind of feel sorry for him because he's a true believer.

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ahh so you're happy about the economy improving then? Glad to hear it.

5. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

On the contrary

I, unlike our conservative counterparts, I will accept defeat and Romney as our president if elected. I will not shun him, ostracize him and look for every possible way to de-legitimize his presidency. I will not obstruct every single idea he brings forth and will critically view his presidency with honesty. I will not look for his birth certificate; I will not disparage his wife or family with slurs and insults. I will cheer when jobs are created, I will cheer as America grows and prospers. In short, I will be an adult.

Now the question becomes, will you if Mr Obama is re-elected?

1 person likes this.
  6. esteban

esteban Member

If you are true to your words mc mark then you're a good man. I somehow don't believe it because of your track records.

7. mc mark

You didn't answer my question.

8. esteban

esteban Member

I will be able to knock out Dr Steelhammer first before Barry is reelected again. You know both of those scenarios are not happening.

There, I answered your question. To recap, Barry's chances for reelection is slim to none. Slim just got out of Dodge so None is all by himself.

9. mc mark

:rolleyes: See you on Nov 6th

10. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

I trust you will vote early lest Sandy prevents it altogether.

11. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

I know esteban didn't answer you directly but I am sure he will cheer when jobs are created and cheer as America grows and prospers. We have 4 years of Obama as proof that won't happen so I don't think he takes your question very seriously.

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Since Q2 2009, at the depths of the recession, we've had something like 12 consecutive quarters of GDP growth - please explain how this is proof that "growth [not] happening."

13. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Come on.

14. okierock

Nice try, you and I both know that 2% GDP growth does not mean America is "growing and prospering". Obama's best quarters Q1 2010 and 2012 are barely above the US average since 1947 and the rest are below average.

If you can't show a positive GDP while the government is overspending by 1.3 TRILLION dollars every year, your doing it wrong.

15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

You can't even answer the question.

Hell, I'll be honest, even if you won't: Romney is a three-faced lying scumbag and I'll only put up with his presidency should that come to pass.

Your slim to none comment is off the mark. This contest will be close, if only because Americans tend to be very short-sighted. And an incumbent presiding over an unemployment figure north of 7%---whether or not it's his fault (for the most part, it isn't)---faces a tough time at getting re-elected. Romney knows this. So, whenever he's asked something at a debate, no matter the question, the answer is, "Jobs." Just like GWB, years ago, had "9/11" as his stock answer:

"Mr. President, is it true Saddam Hussein has no ties to al Qaeda?"

"9/11!"

16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

It's slow growth, and to be expected, given the economic precipice of 4 years ago.

I fear Gordon Gecko for President, and I can't believe people are falling for his crap. "I'll create 8,000 jobs a day!" Wow. If he wins, his Democratic challenger in 4 years will have ten times the ammunition against him that he has against Obama.

17. SamFisher

Actually it does. Let me make this simple for you: Growth = Growth. You should be more careful about what you claim. If you want to claim "not growing as fast as I WANT It" then say that - just don't lie.

Of course it's below average, we had the most severe worldwide economic collapse in 80 years - arguably ever, given the scale of the economy.

How do you propose the US Government solve this - and if your answer is "cut the deficit" you should really not type it; rather, you should logout, leave this thread, and take up a career in paranormal science. You may end up on the History channel some day. :)

18. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2012-10-26/the-trouble-with-2-percent-gdp-growth

19. okierock

Paranormal science sounds fun and I like the history channel.

Take the 1.3 Trillion out of the GDP over the last four years and see what you have. Growth like this is like saying the housing bubble was growth. It's a lie and we will all pay for it eventually.

20. SamFisher

Why would I take 1.3 trillion out of "the GDP" :confused: - that simply doesn't make any logical sense.