1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Good Economic News

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rashmon, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

This post is like Godfather 3, probably not as bad as it looks, but still completely unnecessary. ("Let's kill a pope and shoot my daughter in the stomach.")

2. esteban

esteban Member

We have 44,700,000 Americans on Food stamps (one Big soup kitchen!) up from 40,300,000 in 2010.

A second wave of foreclosures is hitting all Americans across the board, this one is bigger than the first wave.

This is the worst economic recovery in our history.

You Obamabots could not be any more stupid!

3. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If I knew any better, I'd think you actually rejoice in economic woe for the American people.

4. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

esteban is a TRUE Merican

5. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Actually he does not really care either way. All he cares about is Obama looks bad.

6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

LMFAO. You are entertaining -- I'll give you that. And the bonus is that I always read your handle as estefan, and I then I think of this song:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/44oqk_BV-ek?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Funny how Dems are the ones pulling us out of recessions and Republicans are the ones starting them...

8. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

U.S. Economy Enters Sweet Spot as China Slows
    By Rich Miller and Simon Kennedy - Apr 3, 2012

The U.S. once again may be emerging as a main engine for global growth -- and at an opportune time, as Europe slides into recession and China’s economy decelerates.

An improving job market, rising stock prices and easier credit are combining to lift U.S. consumer confidence and spending, with optimism measured by the Bloomberg Comfort Index near a four-year high. Personal-consumption expenditures increased by the most in seven months in February, rising 0.8 percent, the Commerce Department said last week.

“We’re entering a sweet spot for the economy,” said Allen Sinai, president of Decision Economics Inc. in New York. “We’re in a self-reinforcing cycle,” where faster employment growth leads to higher household income and increased consumer spending.

International companies, including Milan-based Gianni Versace SpA (GIAN), already are benefiting. Revenue for the Italian designer will rise at a “really strong double-digit” pace this year in the U.S., compared with “a significant single-digit” amount in Europe, according to Chief Executive Officer Gian Giacomo Ferraris.

“America is doing fantastic,” he said last month.

more at the link

9. esteban

esteban Member

I jammed with Gloria in the early 90s when I was living in Miami, I also set up her gym equipment after she had that bus accident that screwed up her back. She is one fine Cuban-American!

10. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

Keynesians to Lucas/Real Business Cycle, and Austrians---

a merry TOLD YOU SO.
    hell no. as wrong as Fisher was before the Great Depression.

11. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

pics?

12. SunsRocketsfan

my house value is still down since I purchased it though.. DAMN YOU OBAMA!!

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Mine is up. Of course, I live in Austin, which has weathered the "housing crisis" rather well.

14. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks Obama.

[​IMG]

15. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I can only pray that the Left can rebuild the economy strong enough to withstand the next round of Conservative legislation.

16. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

you also bought at the time of the Alamo, no?

17. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

18. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

It's a start!

U.S. to run first surplus since 2008: CBO

WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) — The U.S. government recorded a budget surplus of $58 billion in April, the Congressional Budget Office estimated on Monday, breaking a streak of deficits that began in 2008.

The surplus — the first of Barack Obama’s presidency — was the result of both increased tax collection and lower government spending.

19. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

20. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

That is more of an accounting thing than an actual surplus. If you get a 100 dollar in april, but don't have have pay 120 dollar bill till may you have 100 dollar surplus in april.