1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Good Dallas Golf Courses

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by deepellumrocket, Jun 27, 2003.

Tags:
  1. deepellumrocket

Obviously, I ripped-off the thread title here, but I'd like to hear some thoughts on golf courses in the Metroplex. I haven't played any of the fancy-schmancy expensive courses since I moved here, but these are the places I have played:

Sherrill Park in Richardson - Nice public course you can play for about $30 on the weekend. 36 holes, but I haven't played since they reopened the 18 they were renovating. My guess is the green fees may be a little steeper for that course.

Tennison Park Glen Course- I just discovered this course a couple of weeks ago and I love it. City-run course built in 1914 with lots of water but no sand. Not very long, so it's good for a weakling like myself. Again, you can play on a weekend for about $30 with cart. They also have a newly renovated course called the Highlands that's a bit more pricy. Bonus: It's kinda in the ghetto, so you stop off for a 40 after your round.

Keeton Park - Another city-run course. I haven't played it yet, but I have a 9:37 tee-time there for tomorrow. From the looks of their website, it has a butt-load of water. Same rates as Tennison.

2. deepellumrocket

Am I the only Dallasite on the board that plays golf?

Anyway, I played Keeton on Saturday and liked it even better than Tennison. There's lots of water, but a good deal of it is so far off the fairways that you deserve to be in a hazard if you hit it there. Very little sand; I can only remember four or five traps on the whole course. The greens were a lot more consistent speedwise then Tennison. The first five holes run through some thick trees, but past that the course opens up a bit. Lengthwise, it's pretty average, which is fine for a normally-pretty-straight-but-below-average-distance hitter like myself.

Chime in, you Dallas bastards.

3. ILoveClutchCity

The closest course to Dallas that I have played was the Links at Lands End at Lake Fork. Brand new course with lots of water of course, it has a few holes that are right on the lake. I give it a 7 outa 10.