1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Golden State Worriers top seed lead watch

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FLASH21, Feb 6, 2018.

?

Will we regain the WC lead AND keep the top seed into the playoffs?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Rockets can lose 2 games and still clinch HC throughout. If they lose 3 then Toronto could theoretically win out and get HC in the finals. So just go 14-2 and nothing to worry about.

D-rock, dragonwill and Fullcourt like this.
  2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

We really need this 3 game cushion that we have, our schedule from here on out like minus 2-3 games is basically teams battling for playoff position.

The Warriors from here on out look to have a softer schedule, but they are very beatable without Curry

RasaqBoi likes this.
  3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That sounds easy enough. ;)

Killatron 2000 and MadMax like this.
  4. jogo

jogo Member

It's good that the Warriors don't care about the regular season. Or at least that's what I keep hearing.

5. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

They pretty much have to win them all to have a chance ....

I think Kerr will keep them going after the 1 seed until they lose another one .... at that point I think he'll start resting guys knowing he's not gonna make up that much ground.

Tfor3 likes this.
  6. Classic

Classic Member

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.me...ules-lakers-la-stephen-curry-injury-news/amp/

Just Delicious

D-rock likes this.
  7. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Warriors feel ripe for the taking this year.

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Even without Curry's injury, Rockets would be a strong favorite to finish #1.

With Kerr conceding to take pressure off his team, it becomes a certainty unless something weird happens.

D-rock likes this.
  9. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I feel like Golden State have given up chasing that number 1 seed; and unfortunately I feel like this will lead to us facing Spurs 1st round and Thunder 2nd round.

Thunder will end up either 4th or 5th, I'm very confident about that. Spurs will most definitely make the playoffs so lets hope they reach 7th. I do think we can beat both Spurs and Thunder but lets make it a little tougher on the Warriors and a little easier on us.

D-rock likes this.
  10. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

They're confident they can take one of the first two against us in Houston. And I bet they will. What our guys need to be prepared for, mentally, is to win two at Oracle. Game 3 or 4, and if necessary, Game 6. The only thing we've bought by besting them in the regular season is Game 7 at home. And that will count for a hell of a lot. But we have to get there.

11. kh0001

kh0001 Contributing Member

I think GS will start to rest guy in the coming games, Green will not play against Lakers.

12. today

today Contributing Member

Still rooting for him to get a T from the bench ;)

D-rock likes this.
  13. jerrios

jerrios Member

I don't see the Thunder making the playoffs at all based on their remaining schedule for March, I can see them way out of the playoff race by April 1.

14. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

For real? I don't know their remaining schedule to be honest but I don't know, I've been watching the NBA long enough to know that teams that are suppose to make the playoffs usually always do if it comes down to the final stretch.

I remember the Dwight Howard Lakers looked like a lock to miss the playoffs at some point in that season.

15. kh0001

kh0001 Contributing Member

That's true though, he should plan to be suspended before playoff comes.

16. today

today Contributing Member

You get suspended 1 game on the 16th technical and every 2 technicals after that, but I think that's just for the regular season. I could be wrong on this, but I think it resets for the playoffs and once you hit 6 technicals in the playoffs you get a playoff suspension.

napalm06 and kh0001 like this.
  17. topfive

topfive CF OG

With both teams having 15 games left and the Rox holding the tiebreaker, here's the scenario...

If the Rox go ____, the Dubs have to go ____ to regain the #1 seed:

Rox 15 - 0 = Dubs impossible
    Rox 14 - 1 = Dubs impossible
    Rox 13 - 2 = Dubs impossible
    Rox 12 - 3 = Dubs 15 - 0
    Rox 11 - 4 = Dubs 14 - 1
    Rox 10 - 5 = Dubs 13 - 2
    Rox 9 - 6 = Dubs 12 - 3
    Rox 8 - 7 = Dubs 11 - 4
    Rox 7 - 8 = Dubs 10 - 5

Keep in mind that Curry and Thompson will miss the next 4 games at least.

Our remaining schedule...

Home (9 games):
    Clippers
    Pistons
    Pelicans \ back-to-back
    Hawks / back-to-back
    Bulls
    Suns
    Wizards
    Blazers
    Thunder

Away (6 games):
    Pelicans \ back-to-back
    T-Wolves / back-to-back
    Blazers
    Spurs
    Lakers \ back-to-back
    Kings / back-to-back

Warriors have 8 home games and 7 away.

#137 topfive, Mar 14, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
    Corrosion, D-rock, hieuytran and 3 others like this.
  18. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

last 3 games
    KD- 38.8 minutes
    Klay- 38.333 minutes
    DrayG- 36.8 minutes

Harden 32.3 minutes
    Paul 28.3 minutes
    Ariza 34 minutes
    Capela 25 minutes

I am really enjoying this trend.. and with Curry out for 4 more games, and KD having the need to prove himself, I see more wear and tear.. If they lose couple more games, things will get really interesting as I am sure they won't like the prospect of facing both rockets and the raptors without home court.. so you may have a warriors team needlessly exerting them, while hopefully rox build up more of a cushion and can actually take the last week off..

19. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

if we can some how survive and get through the next four games... we will have a much easier remainder then the warriors.. we should beat the clips and the wolves.. pels and blazers are a toss up, since these are all on the road.. lets keep in mind all these teams are fighting like hell for playoffs. What makes me nervous.. first seed could very well have a harder route to WC then second seed.. We could be first seed and see spurs with Kwahi or a surging Utah followed by Blazers or thunder.. Second seed could very well see clippers followed by wolves or pelicans.

20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Klay Thompson has a broken finger and will be out until March 21st and then re-evaluated.

D-rock likes this.