1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Golden State Warriors and Moving Screens

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by dream2franchise, Nov 4, 2015.

1. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

Dwight sucks at setting illegal screens. He's too slow and never executes it correctly, which is why he gets caught more than Bogut or Green.

You guys cry foul like it's some sort of conspiracy, but really it's just Dwight sucks at it. Plenty of players in the NBA know how to make it grey enough to get away with it.

This is pretty much the theme of Dwight Howard. Another area where he has failed to adapt to the changing NBA.

2. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

People aren't complaining that they get away with the type of stuff Dwight doesn't, people are complaining that they basically have 2 guys who play offensive line, and block like Joe Thomas

3. bmd

bmd Member

This is just laughably false. There is no grey area when it comes to the illegal screens set by Bogut, Green, and the other Warriors.

4. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

If you call out the warriors you're a homer, I love it. They are breaking the game of basketball because they have found a gaping issue with the officiating of it. More power to them, but the NBA needs to fix the issue.

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yep. Moving screen is kind of like flopping. Everybody does it, some more blatant than others. It's up to the NBA to fix it. Otherwise, players will continue to take advantage of it.

6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I look forward to the NBA in 2025, where screens are full speed motion, traveling is so accepted that people quit dribbling, and a few bodies flop on every play. It will be the most beautiful game in the world.

7. boiler

boiler Member

A lot of people here need to educate themselves on what a moving screen is. You are allowed to move when set a screen as long as you do it legally.

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Yes, you can do that. You also can apparently do what the Warriors do, which is obviously not the legal definition of the rule.

9. Pizza_Da_Hut

I liken it to if a player in soccer decided to start using his hands and wasn't the keeper. At first I would be angry about it, full of rage that a ref wouldn't blow his whistle. Now I'm sort of in awe, I almost want to watch just to see what they can get away with. Will Bogut be able to nut punch Dwight? Can Curry show his mangina on TV? Can Green bring in an extra ball to finally bring the multi-ball experience to basketball? I don't know, but I'm excited to find out.

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

11. hooroo

hooroo Member

whenever a team dominates the rules are adjusted to even out the competition. however i get the feeling the league wants them to be the face of the nba for a little longer.

12. Vindicator

Vindicator Rookie

Draymond Green is a disgrace to the NBA.

13. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

14. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

Will people still complain about them if they are not winning?

Harden was the constant target last season for flopping, offensive fouls, no-defense, etc, because the Rockets was winning, and he was MVP candidate. You don't hear much of that this season.

Success brings out jealousy, that's just ugly human nature.

15. Pizza_Da_Hut

There's grey, then there's black and white. There's nothing grey about what the warriors are doing. Call it what you want, but I'm not screaming about anything the Spurs are doing (mind you that team is only 3.5 GB the warriors).

16. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

People don't complain about Spurs much because they don't get much attention, particularly the media coverage.

People were constantly complaining about the Bulls back in their championship years, such as star calls, MJ's pushing & holding, Rodman's antics, 3-head monsters hacks, etc.

If the Warriors don't win, the media won't pay much attention, and then no one would care.

17. Pizza_Da_Hut

To a certain extent I agree with you, if the warriors don't win people don't care. You're conclusion is right but your mechanism is wrong. You assume people care out of jealousy. I say people care because the warriors are flat out cheating. If you cheat and lose well then it's sort of karma (not exactly, but something like it) if you ask me. Like I said, areas of grey, and areas of black and white.

18. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

Tim Duncan and Kevin Garnett haven't set a legal screen since 2005

2 people like this.
  19. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I'm almost done with the NBA because of stuff like this. I'm glad other fans around the country are starting to wisen up.

http://warriorsillegalscreensblog.blogspot.com/

Hint: The NBA front office doesn't give a **** about your NBA team because Stephen Curry doesn't play for it!

20. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

Quit crying and note the word subtle.

Think about the illegal screen Howard got called for when he pushed the player with both his forearms, not subtle.