1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Golden State Warriors and Moving Screens

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by dream2franchise, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

somebody needs to do it at a press conference in the PLAYOFFS, where all the cameras will be on them and risk a fine that jvg got... thats the only way people watching will take notice

2. Handles

Handles Member

Nba dish, where we talk about the nba. The Warriors are the best team in the league. They will be talked about plenty around here (around everywhere).

3. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Thanks for letting me know that ice is also water. I dont know where the impression of marc jackson was the orchestrater of those moving screens and their winning ways was in my post but Im fully aware of kerrs methods.

4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Those picks are sickening but you know california has to have a relevant Nba team to pay the bills.

5. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

A compilation video of all GSW's egregious illegal screens has to go viral for the league to take notice, similar to Harden's defensive juggernaut videos. Someone get to work.

1 person likes this.
  6. fearthebeard13

Yes please. If I had any video editing skills I would love to make a video of it. Somebody really needs to make this video and put them on blast.

7. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

THE NBA WILL TAKE THE VIDEO DOWN WITHIN 2 DAYS OF THOSE MOVING SCREENS

BUT HARDENS DEFENSE CAN BE ON THERE FOR YEARS, BECAUSE THE LEAGUE DONT CARE FOR HARDEN.. IF THEY DID HE WOULD HAVE WON MVP LAST YEAR

8. Handles

Handles Member

I think it's possible for a video like this to go viral (eventually). I get the feeling that if Warriors keep up their dominance they will earn themselves a lot of haters as people pile on the hate/jealousy bandwagon, whatever you want to call it. People love to see champs fall.

Maybe it even goes viral before the playoffs? (Especially if that sports network who shall not be named continues with their knob-slobbering coverage).

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Dwight tried against Green and it was the most subtle grab of a arm...whistles blew.

The Warriors are the only team that gets away with this and it's constant nearly every time down the court.

10. Audioout

Audioout Member

I've been complaining about this since last season. People look at me like I'm just a hater because they don't understand what a moving screen really is and since they do it all the time it must be legal.

Until the common fan learns what a moving screen is, they won't accept that the Warriors are doing anything wrong.

11. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Why does everyone think sports these days aren't rigged? The government is rigged, i.e. you vote for someone to benefit you and they do the opposite You think the NBA is gonna change the rules because we complain about it? Untill there are more Rockets fans than Warriors fans... don't get your panties in a bunch. The only "fair" games are gentlemen's games. Period.

12. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Someone please do this and make it go viral. It needs to be done, it's unjust the amount of crap the stupid warriors get away with. Guess how many wins they would have if those were call offensive fouls?? It's part of their game plan. To those people who say "oh stop being jealous, the warriors and curry are just great", this is why, they have an advantage in that the league has accepted their moving screens as a style of their offense but will call a offensive foul on the other team for doing the same.

13. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Make a video and claim to be a Clippers fan.

let those two teams and fanbases fight it out

While we the instigators watch the action unfold.

Do it

1 person likes this.
  14. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

The thing is that this isn't anything new. The dubs were pretty blatant about it last season and the refs apparently decided not to address it, despite the fact that it gives them a competitive advantage. Can you imagine if Dwight was to try and pull that crap? Like another poster said, he'd foul out in the 1st quarter.

I think the only way its going to change is if there's a loud enough outcry where the NBA is forced to deal with it, although I think the chances of that happening are slim to none.

15. OTMax

OTMax Member

It's the same as the Utah Jazz 'home court advantage' in the 90s and D-Will era, the Pistons bad boys getting away with murder, the Ewing Knicks grabbing, shoving and pushing not being called etc. Team's identity, the discourse or story the league is running with and the portrayal of it. The NBA is all about narratives and if a team is seen as champions, they are treated as such. If teams are seen as hard working instead of thugs, they will more stuff go. It's not a conspiracy or anything, it's true.

16. San Jose Rocket

Peoples obsession with the Warriors in here is scary, like stalker ex girlfriend scary.

17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This.

This is no different from something like Blake Griffin's using his off arm to push off the defender when he dunks. That's his style and he's an exciting dunker. Shaq used to be able to bulldoze his way to the basket and if the defender fell, it's defensive foul. That's his style and he was the Most Dominant Player Ever. Even Jordan pushed off with his off hand when he drove by the defender.

If the Rockets played the same style with lots of screens and off ball movement, they would be getting away with those too. If you watch Adelman's offense, the handoff play frequently had the big guy moving his foot or hip after the handoff to impede the defender chasing after the guard. They never called it. (The only exception was Yao Ming. Thanks, Cuban.)

18. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

Which team doesn't do that? That's nothing, compare to what Jordan & Griffin were doing.

You think Harden doesn't get away with his pushing off, or jumping into people?

19. KePoW

KePoW Contributing Member

Don't bother.

One thing I've learned over all the years I've been on CF, is that Rockets fans are very non-objective. A lot of blindness on here. *Way more than other fanbases*

It's like no Rockets fan realizes that other fans across the entire country complain about Harden's foul calls and number of free throws.

20. dream2franchise

Fans complain about Harden getting fouled, but in the end he is still getting fouled. He's just using a defenders tendency to reach against them.

What Golden State is doing is breaking the rules.

If they are holding players offensively, then they are doing it on the defensive end too. Stopping players from getting to their spots, holding them down from crashing the offensive glass. They have the number one defense and offense in the league and a large part of it is from foul play.

Kerr has shown them the way and Curry & Co have bought in. The exact same team from the Mark Jackson era, all of sudden has the best offense and defense in the league and a huge part of it is because they've been coached to break the rules and force the refs to call them on it.

Call fouls on them the way they do for other teams and perhaps it levels the playing field. Golden State could still very well come out on top - Steph is a monster right now - but you can not deny the fact that almost every Curry or Klay highlight that features a screen, features a screen that is illegal.