1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Golden State vs Denver (Over/Under)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by macfan, Mar 29, 2008.

1. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

Golden State and Denver will match up in the Mile High City tonight. 2 of most potent offenses in the league. Playoff seeding and tiebreaker implications.

250 points. Over or Under?

2. Mehdi

Mehdi Rookie

ill say over

i think GSW will win

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Wow, that is going to be some game.....I would probably bet the over at 250...but not feel all that confident.

Gonna be a trackmeet though.

DD

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The Warriors control this game. If they come to play, it will be an ugly game for the uninspiring Nuggets. If the Warriors give a half-hearted effort, the Nugs might win.

5. Pringles

Pringles Member

both teams play within spurts. they don't play 48 minutes of the same intensity. i call, a close game where it ends up in baron or iverson hand's with only few seconds.

6. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

I don't know what you have been watching but Golden State hasn't been playing any better then Denver. In fact, Denver has been playing MUCH better then Golden State as of late, hence the half game difference. Denver has won 7 of their last 9 games and are on a 4 game winning streak, and are 29-7 at home. The Warriors are only 4-4 in the last 8 games and are only 20-15 on the road.

7. noize

noize Contributing Member

This game is huge, for us and them. If denver win they will take the 8th seed or maybe 7th depending on what dallas does. I rather face denver then GS in the playoff. Go Denver!

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I watch the Warriors a lot and agree with you. I'm just saying if GS brings their "A" game, it's over. In fact, if the Warriors play like their two recent Lakers games, they will probably beat the Nuggets by 10 points. I expect them to be fired up and ready to go. The Warriors have great team chemistry; their problem is effort on defense. The Nuggets have bad chemistry and their problem is effort on defense.

Call me a Nuggets doubter. That team is nothing but a painful tease. I expect the home crowd will go home disappointed.

9. noize

noize Contributing Member

I agree. The warriors are known to toy with their competitor until they realized they are 20pt down and they finally bring their game. They are the best come back from behind team. Their record would've look better had they not been fooling around so much...

10. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

Understatement of the year. Tonight's game decides the Nugs season IMO. I've been saying for weeks that it was going to come down to Denver and Dallas for the last spot (ok, so the Phoenix thing was off...). We need this game tonight against GS to give us a little more ammunition. Plus, it allows me to cheer for GS tomorrow against Dallas.

OK, I've just typed the following two sentences in and deleted them both:

* I think the Nugs bring their A game tonight and win.
    * I think the Nugs come out sloppy and get blown out.

I honestly am not sure which one I believe more. So the only prediction I'm willing to make tonight:

* I think I'll go through half of a container of antacids by the time the game is over.

11. Dark_Tower

Dark_Tower Contributing Member

Lol. Spoken like a true fan! I might not be a Nuggets fan, but I certainly know where you're coming from!

Couple of questions to the resident Nuggets expert on the board.
    1) How much will Nene's return help the Nuggets? Or put another way, how much did the Nuggets miss Nene?
    2) What is causing the Nuggets' inconsistency on the defensive end?

12. ai_111

ai_111 Rookie

Hope that Nuggets win so that Gs and them makes the playoffs and not the Mavs.

13. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

the over/under is 239... at bodog anyway

14. tsunami

tsunami Member

No. Actually as long as GS won't meet us, I'd rather GS make some noise in playoffs. They can make much more damage than Nuggets.

15. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

If you're a betting man i'd encourage you to take the under. Anytime you see a potential "lock" like the over in this game it seems the opposite happens.

16. Pringles

Pringles Member

what you said about gs, can be said about any other team in the league, and especially to denver. denver plays like a title contender when they bring their "A", but sadly, they dont even play like that for a full game, nevertheless, a whole season. same with golden state, how many times, have we seen both of these team make a 8-0 runs when they are down 10+?

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

No it can't.
    Golden State's "A" game beats Denver's.
    Yes, both teams are good at getting leads, blowing them and coming back. But GS is the better team in terms of both talent and chemistry. The problem is they are the most schizo squad in the NBA regarding effort. I expect their best tonight.

Finally, anyone who would pick the Nuggets in a key game should have their head examined.

18. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

19. Mooch

Mooch Member

http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia-live/G2X*W4cC0zZLizvg7RslQx659Xo*49iRMJLMgvXIinpx5jviZ2gz!sKHczKscqxw*Ax3ZKRxLqDKqNwK!52uwPs2tjdZsyc7QQakvzUlyjK*hUES06eRm9ba8goxy2H*?e=.asx

20. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

you are awesome