1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Golden State is fun to watch

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by houstontexans, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Outlier

Outlier Member

Jordan's foundation was that he was brought up to be competitive. That was his passion. He made working hard and practice first.

2. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Again, I am not commenting on the role of religion in cementing values, rather, I think his singular focus maximizes his talent. However, that focus can exist without religiosity as well. The fact that intense focus and religiosity may coexist does not mean that religiosity predicts success. Nor do I think that religiosity breeds focus, necessarily. Take Lin, for an immediate example of someone who is extremely religious but lacks the focus that Curry has. Or, in the counter-example, someone like Bryant or Jordan, who are singularly focused but not overtly religious.

3. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

I hate Draymond Green but damn with GS we are watching history in the making. Warriors fans suck though as do all Bay Area fans.

I was there the night they play Houston in late October and mentioned to some people I am rockets and they just went off on me until one reasonable person tamed them by stating they were due after 40 years of suck.

4. rocketshopeful

i perceive the opposite. I think the national media has actually added an extra chip on their shoulder by not giving the warriors enough respect and all of the talk about how fortunate the warriors were to win last year.

5. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Remember when Chandler Parsons said that "that kid is irrelevant" when speaking about Draymond Green after he tackled Pat Bev to prevent the 3 point record? What a difference a couple of years make.

Edit- he might have said it after another game but regardless, it's pretty funny now.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

that was 2 years ago after a home game. GS blew us out that game

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

key after curry*. none of what he does for GS would open up without curry.

8. kjhwang

kjhwang Member

9. Outlier

Outlier Member

That's what I just said in my second sentence of what you quoted...

10. ZJP3

ZJP3 Member

See this is very true actually. The Bogut forearm was an obvious flagrant. That (getting calls/no calls) is a common occurrence for them and it is frustrating, but it comes with being "the" team honestly.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

doesn't help cp3 flopped pretty badly on that

12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Precisely!

He is also their emotional engine and enforcer. He wears many hats.

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

No question. I was assuming Curry as the given.

14. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

Thing is , nobody is copying this team. There's only one guy who can shoot from 30 feet efficiently off the dribble with a lightning quick release to top it off.. The Clippers defended it last night the best I've seen this year, CP3 injured or not is still one of the best defensive PGs in the league... but what ended up happening? Curry just drove to the hoop for layups or fouls.

And the only other guy I think can of that's like Draymond green is Lebron. Cant wait till Irving gets back, their pick and roll should be pretty damn awesome.

15. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

And Jordan knew if he didn't cover the spread, the mob would kill his father.

16. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I think it's easy to say this team will repeat as champions barring any major injury issues.

17. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

I agree. If Klay Thompson or Stephen Curry suffer major injury this year, they will not win championship.

Barring any major injuries, I think they will win championship this year and definitely win next year if they bring the same core.

18. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

Klay can be injured and I don't think they miss him that much. Barnes and AI can easily pick up the slack.

AI is shooting like 45% this year or something crazy from 3.

Draymond or curry go down and they're hurting bad

19. Juxtaposed Jolt

Agreed. Draymond can almost be considered the best player on this team. He can basically guard any position, possess excellent vision when passing, and he can score the basketball.

Very hard to find do-everything guys in the league. Even harder to find guys that are actually efficient in their do-everything role.

20. SunsRocketsfan

Amazing team. Last night against the clips was an amazing come back. Can't hate on them. Curry is by far a way better player than our fat lazy harden. Not even a discussion anymore.