1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Golden State is fun to watch

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by houstontexans, Nov 20, 2015.

1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

After watching Houston get annihilated last postseason by the Warriors, I've given up on the hate and am just enjoying the ride.

Curry is unbelievable.

2. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I hate the warriors, but damn they play some complete basketball. The national media has always been on their knobs, but I don't think they get credit from a lot of the fans. Because they don't fit the mold of what a great team is supposed to look like.

You don't have to like them to respect how good they are. If you still think they aren't all that great you don't know basketball.

3. Outlier

Outlier Member

They are becoming one of those legendary teams that will be remembered in history. Shame to those who always cry about how much fouls they get away with. Remove your hater glasses and enjoy the ride.

4. omgTHEpotential

GSW was pretty lucky to get the ideal personnel for this type of basketball. I think trying to replicate their success will be very hard for any GM and this "jump-shooting contender" trend will go away.

5. Outlier

Outlier Member

There's an article somewhere saying they have been planning this type of personnel for years. They've been drafting or trading for 6'7 - 6'9 guys who are versatile.

6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

This. Which is also what baffles me regarding some of Morey's draft choices, they don't seem to fit his Moreyball offense/philosophy at all (barely drafting shooters, drafting extremely raw guys with no jumpshot etc.)

1 person likes this.
  7. gah

gah Member

Yeah, if there's one team I didn't want to be first one to beat the Warriors, it's the Clippers. I didn't want them to get empowered by the feat. Plus, they endured another hunting loss. That's gravy.

8. Newlin

Newlin Member

I don't enjoy watching them at all. I only watch them when they play the Rockets. They are a great team. They are the best team in the league. They may win a lot of Trophy's. But I don't want to watch them. Watching them only reminds me how much better they are than the Rockets. The Rockets are a long way from the Warriors.

1 person likes this.
  9. omgTHEpotential

I think there's two concepts here, one idea would be drafting and acquiring guys wh fit Morey's system, and another idea is drafting BPA and acquiring assets with most value.

10. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Does harden2capela finally realize that Curry is better than Harden?

Come take your L.

11. dmorey

dmorey Member

i like the gsw because curry is a family man with virtues and harden is a ****ing ******* who only cares about big booty and partying

12. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I agree. I love watching them play, except for when their opponent happens to be the now underachieving squad from off of Polk and La Branch.

13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

When you have a guy who takes one dribble while guarded and can elevate to launch a 27 foot 3 pointer and make it 30-40% of the time, your "system" looks great.

It's like Triangle, which looked unstoppable with Shaq and Jordan, not so much with Andrea Bargnani.

14. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Will they be able to run that small lineup out there when they face the Spurs?

15. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

True - Curry is clearly the engine that makes that team go. Last night is a perfect example of how the Clippers were able to get him out of the game early and built a huge lead (granted CP3/Blake not missing helped greatly). Once Curry came back in the second half the Warriors were able to play their game and make their comeback (Again not missing threes in the 4th was a huge reason)

Personally I do enjoy watching the Warriors play with the exception of Green. That guy is ridiculously talented no doubt, but is annoying as hell. Curry is doing just special thing after special thing this season. Honestly he was always really good but I never thought he would elevate his game to the level he has. The constant movement of the Warriors is fun to watch. Its not so much the ridiculous ball movement the Spurs exhibited two seasons ago but more constant movement and down pins and screens to open up space and good looks.

Having two historic shooters in Thompson and Curry though makes it work, I mean they probably have the two best shooters in the league on the same team. If not the best two then two of the top 3 (Korver being the other guy)

16. Pipe

Pipe Contributing Member

Been a Curry fan since his Davidson days. Never get tired of watching him play. At least when the Rox are half assing it and stinking it up I have another team to root for. :eek: :(

17. The Stig

The Stig Member

Think the only way to compete against GSW is to get Curry and Green in foul trouble early. Lot easier said than done since apparently Draymond doesn't foul and Curry guards the weakest guard on defense. It's not impossible if you can get a lot of switches going and play physical through Curry.

18. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I can't stand Steph, even if he's having an amazing run.

The only player I like on that team is Livingston.

...and Walton would be mediocre on any other team.

19. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I appreciate the Warriors as a team. They are the complete opposite of LeBrons Heat.

20. rocketseagles07

They aren't because I hate them. But if I didn't I can definitely see why people think that