1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Golden State gets its Boogie on (Cousins signs with Warriors)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by justtxyank, Jul 2, 2018.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The Warriors were going to be dominant no matter what. At least this adds a chance that he becomes a locker room cancer and screws up their chemistry. Small chance, but it’s there. A lot of egos in that locker room

2. NBA_fan_2018

NBA_fan_2018 Member

...or worse. He'll find himself cut, and the market for his services worse off than they were this summer.

3. NBA_fan_2018

NBA_fan_2018 Member

1. Steins newletter is good, and everyone should read it.
    2. Is it ring chasing if he turned down the 2/40 because he thought he'd find a better contract in free agency? And then, when that better option didn't arrive, he made an adjustment towards the Warriors?

Because that's what I'd bet happened.

B-Bob likes this.
  4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Also, the report was that Cousins got no significant offer.

This is what he said too...and Woj...Woj said that even bad teams were reluctant.

Remember, this is a guy that was mad at being traded from the worst team the past decade because he wanted to get his supermax. That's what he's about.

Receiving an offer in the middle of the season doesn't contradict anything at all.

5. rantsolpuella13

Supporting Member

My question is did he even go back to NOP after he tested the waters and see if that extension was still available? I know the Pelicans said they removed it from the table but if Cousins was truly that friendly with A. Davis I know the Pelicans would have put it back on the table if Anthony spoke to them.

Also, it looks like the only team he informed that he was willing to take the minimum was GSW. Most likely for obvious reasons (he wanted a ring) but if he is saying he wants the max with X number of teams but says he will take a MLE with one it sounds like he already planned on going to that one team.

Just based on Cousins’s waffling on his story to the press I’m leaning towards that he was planning on going to GSW the whole time. He knows the Achilles injury can be very difficult to overcome. If worst case he is unable to get max money he can get a ring. Not hating him for that, but I’m disliking how GSW and Cousins are trying to put the blame on all the other teams.

6. BigO

BigO Member

And Media will spin it that it was it, because they suck Warriors dry. p***y soft league.

Sajan likes this.
  7. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

wrong, cousin and his team approached the lakers first with the same offer. Lebron and the Lakers were his first choice, not the warriors, but they werent interested... as reported by Stein and confirmed by Woj and others.

8. rantsolpuella13

Supporting Member

So he told 2 teams out of 30 that he would take the minimum. One that just acquired LeBron James, and another that just won the championship. That indicates that he was limiting himself to teams that had higher probability then not of competing for a(nother) championship.

Like I said, I’m not mad for him doing that. I’m annoyed that he is saying no one called him nor offered him anything. I think Magic/Lakers were in their right not to take him for minimum, but they may not have realized taking off of the market could have prevented GS from taking him.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Forgot to say, @justtxyank, that while I hate the news, I love the thread's title. :cool:

justtxyank likes this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

DeMarcus Cousins opens up about signing with Warriors; loves the negative reaction that came with his decision

Early this morning, I was f----- up. I was f----- up. I'd been up for two days straight, honestly. I'd been up for two days straight. We reached out to teams, the Pelicans, there was no offer. I understand. They didn't want to take a chance on a damaged player. Cool.

We reached to some other teams. We got answers like, "we don't believe it's a good fit" or "we gotta see what we're doing with our roster," just bullshit answers. And then it was some that were like, flat out, "we can't take that risk." I had to prepare myself for that situation, the different possibilities that would happen.

I talked to Draymond, talked to K.D., talked to Steph, and they were like, 'hell yeah, let's do it.' This was my ace of spades, this was my nuclear bomb, my last resort. I could have probably gotten a contract, a decent contract from a bad team. But how does that help me? I'm already fighting a career-ending injury. I'm not gonna put myself in an already bad situation to try and prove my value or worth as a player in a situation that's not looking to win.

I knew how it would be perceived by some. I don't give a f---. I'm saying it now cause I've seen a reaction, but I didn't give a f---. I knew what my ace was. And we made the call.

It's some motherf-----s out there that's probably ripping their hair out right now. And I love it. This is just another test for me to overcome. I've been through so much adversity, if I sat there and dwelled on those moments, where the f--- would I be right now? I don't need anybody feeling sorry for me. I'm a fighter, I never give up, and I'm taking this challenge head-on.

rhee likes this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

of course that would be his reaction. This guy has been losing ever since he stepped foot in the NBA. if he gave a damn, he wouldn't have gone to GS in the first place. Look at how hes presented himself from day 1, what a surprise

13. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

14. BackdoorHarden

This will be interesting to see if Cousin will be better than Dwight because according to Dwight himself, the Warriors wanted him but he turned the Warriors down after John Wall sent him some sexy pic asking if he wants to play for the Wiz.

The only thing preventing Dwight to the Warriors was John Wall recruiting pitch of "you wanna playa for da Wiz?"

15. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Knowing the warriors luck, Cousins will come back and win MVP next year and reveal to us that he faked his Achilles tear to have the opportunity to win a rang.

16. Sajan

Sajan Member

see...i would watch a lot of those games because there's intrigue and uncertainty.

Add the warriors back in and I am out.

17. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Foh lol Wizards offered more money

This is Dwight we’re talking about

18. Not_KDs_Burner

Russ gonna have to watch KD get his ring IN person. Hahaha too savage I tell you

19. theimpossibles1

You may well be right. I don't see him and Draymond getting along at all.

20. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Remember when Cousins tweeted about the refs cheating in favour of the warriors against us in the playoffs? Something about Zebras

Anyone have a screen grab?