1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Golden State gets its Boogie on (Cousins signs with Warriors)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by justtxyank, Jul 2, 2018.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks for making me laugh at a time I was really upset. haha

2. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

They do it like that because it stings more. They love that "hahaha" moment.

daywalker02 likes this.
  3. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Even if he isn't health they have 4 all stars.

bballjunkie likes this.
  4. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

He just needs to play as well as Javale McGee in limited minutes. He doesn't have to be anywhere near his All Star self to make this a good 1 year signing. And somehow I think he'll easily exceed that even if he doesn't recover completely.

Worse case scenario is that he is no better than McGee. But he is being paid about the same as McGee anyway so it's not like he is costing them in salary.

Rocket River likes this.
  5. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Wes Matthews on the Mavs never really did come back to normal. It doesn't take more than a few percent drop to make a difference in the NBA, or any professional sport, really.

It may indeed be interesting watching the chemistry. Boogie is a lot like Green...and not sure you need/want two of those on one team.

6. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Adam Silver and these current players have ushered in the era where Championships are overrated...

bballjunkie likes this.
  7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

8. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

It would be interesting to hear his spin, err, answer to that. I'm with you on being less interested in the NBA. Like watching a sporting event you already know the winner of.

I do think a group statement would be both appropriate, and might even do some good. Literally just a statement. See how many tens of thousands of fans might sign it. Hundreds of thousands? Millions?

This is similar to the KD signing. Their numbers might show a boost in ratings, but its all from casual fans. Hard core fans grew less interested. Leagues don't pay much attention to that, figuring hard core fans will always be there. Ask baseball how that worked out for them, once the hard core fans finally had enough, and left in droves. Baseball started competing with NASCAR and Hockey for fourth most popular sport. It takes a lot to get the hard core fans to leave...but if they ever do, it's also really hard to get them back. Casual fans come and go at a whim...they could be gone any time. Then who is watching?

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Nobody made him an offer except Golden State and it was a hard choice between them and Boston despite no offer except Golden State.

BS.

10. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I'm not worried. We have Zhou Qi and Chinanu Onuaku, Ryan Anderson, the Brazilian Beast Nene, and hopefully Clint. We will be a force to be reckoned with when you add in PJ, James, Chris, and EGO. OK, I said it. Now I feel better.

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

12. FearTheBeardJH

It would be totally fine if Cousins signed with a team that won NBA best 65 games while dealing with injuries though.

13. PatBev

PatBev Member

Morey to all other GMs, "Alright who's gonna take andersons contract and help me beat these ********ers"

GM's should collude with the Rockets and help them beat the warriors, might as well...

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

15. Vin2k2

Vin2k2 Member

It's an embarrassment. I think the league is so happy with all the scoring that it doesn't want to enforce stuff like that.

:rolleyes:

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Can't be mad about this, these guys are selling their souls to live the easy life. He could've signed with about a dozen teams for significantly more money and chose not to. This isn't about being competitive OR making money. It's about the safety of the herd.

18. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Dwert looking at Cousins the way McGee stared down his teammate for snagging the last rebound he needed for what would have been his first triple double, no matter how pathetically engineered - all wounded and sad and angry.

19. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Who knew Lowe was a Worrier shill...

20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Cousins has a rep for being dumb and firey but a good locker room teammate.

I think he'll do his best to blend in. The only risk is the recovery and how he comes back and fits in Kerr's system.

I don't think that's too big a problem as he can do his own thing for fifteen minutes and that would be a win.

Thanks NBA