1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gold Medal Game: USA vs Spain

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Harrisment, Aug 23, 2008.

Tags:
  1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Find me a team that shot 60% from the field and 46% from the three point line that ever lost a game. I would venture to say that any team that shoots that well will win 99% of their games. Now that's what we call "underperforming"!! LOL

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

you're the one who is having the hissyfit my little friend, or else you wouldn't be repeat the same lamebrained post followed by "deal with it" 26 times in a row.

We've heard your opinion - we've dissected it. You've gotten everything you wanted - apparently you're just unable to "deal with it" :(

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Did we win? I forgot.

DD

4. Rockza

Rockza Rookie

and yet it was a close game even after shooting that well!! geez. I wonder why???? DUH

5. Rockza

Rockza Rookie

Lol I am telling you guys to deal with it since your panties are in a bunch because I have an opinion. Dissected it?? Aren't you the one who said 30 GMs would all consider Spanish team to be top NBA players and not scrubs? haha Navarro anyone? And this gem - Mark Gasol is a potential lottery pick?? wtf.. now stop embarrassing yourself.

6. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

[​IMG]

7. Rockza

Rockza Rookie

8. SamFisher

Complete idiot = you

Do you have any clue of the kinds of centers that are taken in the draft lotto for the last few years?

Spencer Hawes? Patrick O'Bryant? Saer Sene?

It's not exactly a high bar.

Obviously not as high as your threshold for humiliation.

PS I'm still waiting for your recap of Yao's performance vs. Spain.

9. Rockza

Rockza Rookie

Not helping your case by point out how much Marc Gasol sucks. Just because mistakes were made in the past doesn't make mean Marc Gasol is a legitimate lottery pick. Same thing applies to stupid articles and opinions by team who signed him. Again, whoe ever seriously thinks Marc is a lottery pick needs to stop whatever they are smoking.

You use Yao's performance against Spain to prove that FIBA rules limits post play? Wtf? you f'ing serious? How about look at Yao's overall career in international play as a measure?! Again, stop embarrassing yourself!

10. SamFisher

Lottery pick is a lottery pick - nobody said guaranteed success.

You think the idea that he could be considered a comparable prospect to the likes of Saer Sene to be completely out of the question and laughable. I disagree with this assessment.

Suffer the consequences of this silliness please.

His overall career? So we can include all the games against Bahrain and Singapore against pick-up game level players.

Very ironic of you, in this thread, pitching the idea that we should focus on the totality of circumstances rather than just a single game. - way to illustrate your own folly. My work is done here.

11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

USA!USA!USA!USA!USA!USA!
    Can't be shook!
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/e9gSfIG7umk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/e9gSfIG7umk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

#351 RudyTBag, Aug 26, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2008
  12. Chamillionaire

does anybody have a link to watch the whole game?

13. Rockza

Rockza Rookie

hmm never said he can't be compared to someone who should never have been a lottery pick. In fact, just because some lame centers made it to the lottery pick doesn't mean Marc Gasol should/will too.

Irony? You serious? I never said totality of circumstances, quite the opposite, I am saying we underperformed in the last two games of the tournament. In fact didn't I say we were the best team even during the period we lost? If I thought we sucked, how the f could they have underperformed in my eyes.

My point was that I was pissed off at our performance in the last two games. Same way that Celtic fans were after the Atlanta playoff series because it was a lot closer than it should have been.

14. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

15. Rockza

Rockza Rookie

16. baller4life315

Humor me. After whatever "scrubs" depart for the NBA, what exactly do you think the rest of the non-NBA team does year round?

17. Rockza

Rockza Rookie

humor me, how many years of commitment did the players in this "redeem" team sign up for? Every international teams play as many qualifying tournaments for World championships or Olympics as the US national team has in the past few years. There might be few more other tournaments they play more than us, but its not year around and not that much. Regardless, its the two months together that's friggin hilarious.

18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Sam, you sum it up for pretty much everyone here. So why continue arguing with the guy?

Mods, may I suggest you lock this thread since it's been completely destroyed? Might help if you also deleted the last 60 or so posts.

19. baller4life315

Not that this is even worth debating but I fail to understand what you're struggling to grasp here. The Euro guys play in a different league with different rules and strengths/weaknesses with which you must adjust your roster/rotation according to.

Couple that with the fact that Team USA has limited practice time together meanwhile the non-NBA Euro guys are practicing and playing together on their respective national teams much more frequently. You even admitted this yourself so what's the point?

20. ayears

ayears Member

really funny, lol ...... should show this img elsewhere, a perfect fit:D