1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gold Medal Game: USA vs Spain

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Harrisment, Aug 23, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Rockza

Rockza Rookie

ooh yea, that is it. Now lets pray none of your family turns out 'special', coz Karma is a bi atch.

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Dude I'm simply applying your rule- Rose and Oden aren't in the NBA, accordingly they arent even lowly NBA scrubs yet.

They were drafted in the late first round/earlyl 2nd round b/c they had buyout obligations and teams were unsure how they'd develop - if they re-entered the draft now they are both likely to be lottery guys

So unless the U.S. wins 1000-23 you'll b**** and moan and generlly kind of look like a fool, making all sorts of nutty claims and winning the gold medal in shoddy reasoning Got it.

3. Rockza

Rockza Rookie

Yes they are unless they prove otherwise.

If they are that good, they will be drafted high regardless of their obligations. lottery picks? you serious??man... pass me whatever the f you are smoking.

no, so unless everyone kiss the team's a ss because they beat a much much less talented team in the finals you would moan, b**** and cry about it? Got it. Last I checked this is a free country, I was disappointed with the team's performance in the final and I voiced it. Don't like it? Oh well, go b**** to someone else.

No, or you would

4. Rockza

Rockza Rookie

and by them I meant the Spanish team. With Oden and Rose they are not scrubs because they are drafted high and there is a reason why. Scrubs are generally those who were drafted late first round, in second rounds and undrafted. You might find a gem every now and then but its rare. Percentage is not in your favor, deal with it.

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

^ facts and logic are not in your favor.

What was Oden's buyout clause with OSU?

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Fisher,
    stop picking on little kids!

7. Rockza

Rockza Rookie

oh wait, so you think those two didn't go lottery picks because of the buyout clause?? You friggin serious?

8. Rockza

Rockza Rookie

Speaking of facts and logic, you DO know that Mark Gasol played in college here and was drafted 48th in the second round?!

9. Spanish_Rox_Fan

[​IMG]

Lebron, Kobe..Wade.. :mad:

10. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Really, what college did he play for?

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

HA HA HA! Thank you!

12. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

I remember now, McDonald's did have a cup for Isaiah, but he didnt actually go and play. He was initially to be on the roster, therefore Mickey D's had him on a cup.

Anyway, its amazing how Rockza is trying to diminish what Team USA did because of the final game, against what is SUPPOSED to be the 2nd best team in the tournament. Spain was out of their minds on 3 point shooting and USA was out of their minds the wrong way on defense - and America still won by 11.

I wonder what Rockza would be saying if the US won the gold by virtue of a game winner by Kobe at the buzzer?

When team A has a bad defensive game, and team B has a superb offensive game, team B wins that game 9 times out of 10.

Apparently, according to Rockza the Celtics should have just been given the NBA title since they had the most all-stars on their roster. Forget the fact that the Celtics had to mesh and blend in to get to where they wanted to go. Guess the NBA should just mail the 2009 trophy to the Rockets.

#332 BucMan55, Aug 25, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2008
  13. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

and conversely, quit arguing with people who have shown their complete and utter lack of common sense.

I know you love to run your mouth, but for christ's sake the ignore list aint worth doo if you guys keep quoting them.

I guess it's kinda a moot point as with his attitude, I predict a short life here.

14. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The US shot 60% from the field and 46% from three point range. Is that what you call underperforming?

15. kikimama

kikimama Member

I don't like how people are trying to point out the traveling. Like Spain NEVER traveled before... It's really a non issue when NO ONE is within 5 feet of the actual player.

16. Rockza

Rockza Rookie

oh well, high school. Maybe I should have wikipedia it like you did.

17. Rockza

Rockza Rookie

I personally find Mark Gasol a potential lottery pick funnier. I guess thats just me. And tells me the level of intelligence I am arguing with.

18. Rockza

Rockza Rookie

Funny how much rise I am getting out of everyone. Let's see, I don't think the US team played upto par against a lot less talented team and everyone is getting their panties in a bunch. Lets face it, compared to the US team, Spain had scrubs. Now there is such a thing as not performing upto par even in a win. If you guys can't deal with it, big whoopity doo.

19. Rockza

Rockza Rookie

if only basketball was just about shooting%. Then no. Well at least you are arguing with some facts.

20. Rockza

Rockza Rookie

Give it up dude, you can't change my mind that the team performed under par against a much weaker team. If you are still going by the 11 pt margin, you obviously didn't watch the game.

I will still say the same and I am sure all of you guys will hail it as this great win while getting your panties in a bunch when someone points out otherwise.

and this is making your point that we didn't underperform, how?

Yea guess what, when Celtics won the series against Atlanta, numerous others here and all other Celtic fans called out on their ass es too for underperforming . Yes despite them winning.