1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Going to see U2 in a couple of hours

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Molotov Cocktail, Dec 19, 2005.

1. Molotov Cocktail

Molotov Cocktail Contributing Member

It's the last show of their tour in Portland tonight. Should be a good one. I flew 1500 miles for this :D

One of my cousins saw them at Toyota Center in October, said it was a great show. I'll be interested to see if this is any better than the Elevation tour.

2. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Definition of a fanatic.

3. Molotov Cocktail

Haha. Actually, I was here on business anyway, and to see some family. It all worked out quite well. Got tickets through my company.

4. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Definition of good timing. ;)

5. Rocket G

Rocket G Contributing Member

Saw them three times this tour.

All three shows were amazing. Enjoy the last show man!

6. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Enjoy the show. Don't forget to recap.

7. Barfo10

Barfo10 Member

Saw them at Toyota Center earlier this year. They rocked the house. Biggio, J.Howard, and Mutumbo were in the house. It was right after the Astros had lost the WS so when Biggio was recognized by the crowd before the show everyone gave a standing ovation. Bono gave a shout out during the concert to Mutombo for all his effort in the ONE campaign. Overall A+ night.

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I hate you. ;)

9. Molotov Cocktail

Incredible, and worth every penny. Two encores. At the end of the first encore, the entire crew came out onto the stage, each wearing a t-shirt with a letter on it. Together, it spelled out "Thank you Bono, The Edge, Larry, and Adam for 2005." They hit all the classics, did some of the newer stuff from the last two cd's, did a Beatles cover, sang happy birthday to somebody, and closed out with "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" and "How Long Do We Sing This Song?"

Similar to the Elevation tour in a lot of ways, which was fine with me. These were both insanely good shows.