1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 4 between Luka and the Mavs and Shai and the Thunder. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Going to PL matches

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Francis3422, Jan 18, 2024.

1. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I need help here. Going to see Tottenham in London in a few weeks. It doesn’t seem that it is just as easy as buying tickets off of StubHub. Seems that you need a membership to the club. The membership is relatively reasonable so this Isn’t a huge deal, but I am just confused about the exact process to be able to get in?

2. Raz

Raz Member

Not sure if I understand correct but from what I know being a member of a club doesn't automatically grant you tickets to a specific game, at least that's the case here in Germany. You just get some sort of pre-emptive right. Also don't know whether Tottenham games are usually sold out months before. I think @leroy was at PL games before, maybe he can help?

3. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I wasn't in charge of purchasing the tickets that we had and I think my buddy went through an intermediary for the 2 games we went to (United v Villa at Old Trafford and Arsenal v Spurs at the Emirates).

@Francis3422...good luck getting tickets. Can't speak for their stadium but, worst case, there were plenty of scalpers outside of both venues I went to. Good luck getting tickets. It'll be an experience like nothing you've seen at any sporting event in the US...even for a basic regular season game.

One bit of advice...If you get a scarf and it's one of the half and half types for that specific game, make sure not to take it out should you go to a supporters pub nearby post game. That is dangerous and can get your ass kicked. Didn't happen to me...but I saw it happen.

ramotadab and AroundTheWorld like this.
  4. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Curious if you were able to go and how it was...I mean other than going to see Spurs.

5. Jontro

Jontro Member