1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Going Green] Evidently 200 Countries Agree with Importance of Climate Issues

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by roxxfan, Dec 12, 2015.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Also keep in mind that a push towards renewables is a step towards combating Islamic terrorism.

2. Accord99

Accord99 Member

And he would also be an idiot if he did not consider all energy sources in the development of his country. No doubt that he'll try as much as possible to get technology transfers and low-cost loans and grants to build clean energy infrastructure. But India will probably grow to 4000 TWh of electricity usage in the next couple of decades; some will be from solar, wind, hydro and nuclear but most of it will be generated from coal.

3. dmoneybangbang

Well what do you think happens when you stop subsidizing pollution?

4. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

I still love that their are people who are "climate change activists", it cracks me up every time I hear it. We need some "sky is blue" activists. LOL.

Oh, on the topic at hand, they should have called it the Paris Climate Circle Jerk, maybe then somebody would have had a happy ending.

5. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Absolutely. His priority was clear. He wanted to continue cheap energy as long as possible and have all the more developed nation transition faster to cleaner energy. But he's certainly no climate denier.

6. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Yeap, people who care about a better future and actually do something about it are jerk while selfish me now fk the future laught at them.

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's too late anyway. We're going to have massive climate change - this summit is good because it will help lessen the impact but when history looks back at humankind for this period it will wonder how we could be such idiots.

I hope they take posts by folks like okierock and preserve them in a museum for people to laugh at and shake their heads.